Tube of delight!

#1 2009-11-10 03:30:35

ongpohheng

looking for teacher in Malaysia

any teachers in malaysia?

#2 2009-11-10 03:51:22

Lodro

Re: looking for teacher in Malaysia

Hi there, and welcome. I'm sorry I don't know any information, however someone on the forum may do. I'm just writing as I'm happy to know that someone from my favourite part of the world is on this forum.

There's plenty of information and helpful people here.

Best of luck.

smile

Each part of the body should be connected to every other part.

#3 2009-11-10 04:28:38

ongpohheng

@Lodro

THanks for the reply!! Hahha, i didnt know there are ppl who like my country big_smile!! Its wonderful to hear that!

#4 2009-12-03 23:48:23

ongpohheng

any malaysian Players can PM me too big_smile i still cant find any teacher/players in my country sad

#5 2009-12-28 18:42:56

wachiku

ongpohheng wrote:

any malaysian Players can PM me too big_smile i still cant find any teacher/players in my country sad

Hi
Do you have any particular preference in terms of style and school of shakuhachi orientation? I have a Malaysian friend who studied the myoan style with my teacher in Japan. I don't know if he still practices it. I am happy to share his information if you wish. He lives in Butterworth Penang. Also, my wife comes from Penang, and so I visit there from time to time.

#6 2010-07-13 02:20:43

ongpohheng

wachiku wrote:

ongpohheng wrote:

Hi
Do you have any particular preference in terms of style and school of shakuhachi orientation? I have a Malaysian friend who studied the myoan style with my teacher in Japan. I don't know if he still practices it. I am happy to share his information if you wish. He lives in Butterworth Penang. Also, my wife comes from Penang, and so I visit there from time to time.

wow! I only live 30 away from there! I dont have any styles, Im open to any =3!!

#7 2010-07-13 02:22:01

ongpohheng

andyshak wrote:

There will soon be a concert in Kuala Lumpur featuring shakuhachi and also Chinese Xiao.
Wednesday, 16 June 2010 8:30 PM - 10:00 PM CEST 
Where: SEGi College Subang Jaya, recital hall
Persiaran Kewajipan, USJ 1, 47600 UEP Subang Jaya,
Selangor, Malaysia Wilayah Pe 47600 

Local shakuhachi players will be there and there will also be shakuhachi workshops offered.
If you are in that area it might be a good way to make some contacts.

For more information contact composer and organiser Yii Kah Hoe, from Segi College,  at yiikahhoe@gmail.com

argh, i was so busy with my studies that i didnt visit this thread for a long time sad
what a missed oppurtunity T_T

#8 2010-07-13 10:24:05

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

ongpohheng wrote:

argh, i was so busy with my studies that i didnt visit this thread for a long time sad

One way around that is to subscribe to a topic by clicking on the link found at the bottom of each thread. (You need to be signed in to see it) That way you'll receive an email when someone adds to the thread.

Good luck with your studies.

#9 2010-07-20 11:42:53

ongpohheng

Mujitsu wrote:

ongpohheng wrote:

One way around that is to subscribe to a topic by clicking on the link found at the bottom of each thread. (You need to be signed in to see it) That way you'll receive an email when someone adds to the thread.

Good luck with your studies.

Thanks Mr Mujitsu big_smile!

Board footer