World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-01-16 22:38:01

Travis Winegar
Website

Google Adsense Account

Greetings folks,

With the creation of the Shakuhachi Search Engine I started doing some reading about Google Adsense accounts.  As I understand it, it should be possible to make a little (quite probably very little) cash through the advertisements that are displayed on the results page of the search engine.  I originally balked at the idea of making money through Adsense on the engine but have since decided that if Google wants to give some cash away then I can find something to do with it.

Of course I have no delusions of some great stream of money coming in from the few clicks the search engine page is going to get.  I also have doubt as to whether or not the ads in the search engine results page will actually generate revenue for my Adsense account.  But, if money does start to appear, then I would like to do something for all you folks doing the clicking with it.

We will have to wait and see if any income comes our way and, if so, how much those pennies add up to in the long run.  In the meantime, I will post updates on the account status so everyone can see what, if anything, it's making.  Who knows, if you all get clicky enough we may have to buy a Shakuhachi Island in the South Pacific or something (well, or maybe donate some flutes or pay for some web space or something).

Irregardless of whether this amounts to anything or not I figured it was worth a shot.  I hope that something comes of it but if not then nothing is lost.

Thanks for reading! smile

P.S.  This may need to be moved to a more appropriate forum but I wasn't sure where it belonged.  And, since it dealt with the search engine I just stuck it here smile

"As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw." – Shunryu Suzuki

Shakuhachi Search Engine

Board footer