Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-02-16 21:09:47

fridaddy

Hello All. I'm a new member :)

Hello out there all you shakuhachi enthusiasts. My name is Jody, and I been playing the shakuhachi about 6 months now. I actually play with a small group of folks, all similarly interested in the shakuhachi, and our teacher, who has been playing the shakuhachi for several years. It is very enjoyable for all of us, and is a great source of meditation and relaxation. I find that I often wind down after playing the shakuhachi. It is just a remarkable instrument, and learning to play it, though certainly not easy by any stretch of the imagination, is great fun. Even better is the resounding meditative sound the shakuhachi produces after you learn how to play it. Which I can't get enough of. I know all of the members of our group feel the same way.
So, there it is. I am glad to be a part of this great community, and will endeavor to view the post often, and play the shakuhachi until my fingers fall off. Ha, ha.

Jody

"There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." 
-Anais Nin

#2 2007-02-18 19:13:33

D.J.

Re: Hello All. I'm a new member :)

Addictions like this are free. They allow breath to be the gift instead of being your last gasp as the needle takes over. I have been addicted to many things. But the emptiness of this instrument and what it causes to course through it's hallow center, is a life long endeavor to discover who you are and just where that magic breath comes from.

many smiles,

D.J.

"Manifest great deeds by breaking the rules."
Awa Kenzo - Zen Archery Master
"If you think that you are a teacher, then you have failed to realize that learning comes from the student."
Kiko Aratsu

#3 2007-02-23 20:18:31

Bogert

Hello Jody,
      Good to see you on here.  Any and all shakuhachi questions will probably be answered here.  Have fun.
                                                                                                            Chris

理趣経百字の偈
菩薩勝慧者 乃至尽生死 恒作衆生利 而不趣涅槃 般若及方便 智度悉加持 諸法及諸有    一切皆清浄 欲等調世間 令得浄除故 
有頂及悪趣 調伏尽諸有 如蓮体本染 不為垢所染    諸欲性亦然 不染利群生 大欲得清浄 大安楽富饒 三界得自在 能作堅固利

#4 2007-02-24 12:52:29

abarefootboy
Website

Jody ,

Please stop practicing so much ... !

Nice Anais.

abarefootboy ( ricardo )

“A single night of love is better than a hundred thousand years of sterile meditation."
                                                                                                                                Ikkyu

Board footer