World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-02-27 10:08:29

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Japanese Culture week

Hi All, I am doing a shakuhachi workshop at Smith College in Northampton MA this Sunday, March 4th. Please come if you are in the area.
See you there! Perry

Jaxpo Week Workshops and events on Japanese art, music

Part of a week-long event, Jaxpo: Friday, March 2, 7-9 p.m., Davis Ballroom, the Isshin Taiko group will hold a 2-hour workshop to teach participants how to play the taiko drum, the large traditional Japanese drum. Each person will get their own drum to practice with. Free admission for Smithies, $2 general public. Sunday, March 4, 1:30-2:30 p.m., Campus Center 205, Perry Yung will play several styles of classical shakuhachi intertwined with brief lectures on historical context on the development of the flute and styles of music while teaching participants how to make their own flute. Free. Please rsvp at sazanami@smith.edu. Monday, March 5, 8-11 p.m., Weinstein Auditorium, Wright Hall, Japanese film showing that teaches people how to accept different individuals from around the world. Tuesday, March 6, 6-7 p.m., Seelye 106, Kimberly Kono, eastern languages and literatures, will speak on feminist activism in Japan from the early 20th century until the present.

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#2 2007-02-27 22:18:39

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Japanese Culture week

Hello again, Looks like the workshop is already full.  I told the presenter I can handle 20 -30 people for the workshop. She just informed me that 30 people have already signed up. Sorry.
Namaste, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer