#1 2007-03-02 20:04:20

Moran from Planet X
Website

Yokoyama Ranpo notation

Anyone know of available notation for:

Eirei ni Sasagu    - Requiem
Gekko Reibo - Moonlight Reverie
Jinchu no Shakuhachi - Shakuhachi in the Middle of the Camp

Also, anyone have digital recordings of the last two? Jinchu no Shakuhachi and Gekko Reibo?

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#2 2007-03-03 04:28:39

dstone
Website

Re: Yokoyama Ranpo notation

Chris Moran wrote:

Also, anyone have digital recordings of the last two? Jinchu no Shakuhachi and Gekko Reibo?

Chris, Gekko Reibo played by Mary Lu Brandwein is here:  http://www.shakuhachi.org/GekkoReiboStuff/shakgr.htm

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#3 2007-03-03 12:35:29

Moran from Planet X
Website

dstone wrote:

Chris, Gekko Reibo played by Mary Lu Brandwein is here:  http://www.shakuhachi.org/GekkoReiboStuff/shakgr.htm

-Darren.

Thank you, Darren. Very thoughtful. I've taken a few lessons with Mary Lu's teacher, Masakazu Yoshizawa, and he mentioned to me that he would teach me this piece, in time, since I used to practice shakuhachi after my night shift at work, 2 or 3 in the morning, near an old college auditorium with the moon as my reading lamp. (Romantic and cold, eh?). I hope to return under his instruction soon and learn this one.

Last edited by Chris Moran (2007-03-03 12:36:05)

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#4 2007-03-03 13:01:20

dstone
Website

Chris Moran wrote:

I used to practice shakuhachi after my night shift at work, 2 or 3 in the morning, near an old college auditorium with the moon as my reading lamp. (Romantic and cold, eh?).

Nice image.  Evocative of Shingetsu, also, I think!

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

Board footer