Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-03-11 05:50:46

Moshack

Inherited Shakuhachi

Hello I am very new to this forum and I hope I will be able to get a lot of input from the Sempai of this group.

My wifes Father was a Shakuhachi Teacher here in Tokyo where we live.  He passed away several years ago and I ended up with his prize collection of Shakuhachi.  Some very old and and in need of repairs. 6 in total 4 in good condition.  I have been trying to trace the Names on the Honko burned into the instruments and have found the name of one that still exists. One is Tsuru Kaze ( Ringing Wind) Tsuru is Bell, Kase is wind.  Not sure how it is actually intended to be articulated.  And two others that are no longer around. 100% bamboo fittings. All root end bamboo. 3 longer types and 3 short.   One is badly cracked all the way through up to the mouth piece.  I have jpegs of the instruments and was hoping that someone out there would be able to give me some advice on repairs etc..  Too bad we can`t post pics in this section. 
Moshack (Tokyo Japan)

#2 2007-03-11 10:50:41

edosan
Edomologist

Re: Inherited Shakuhachi

Moshack wrote:

Too bad we can`t post pics in this section.

Actually, you can. See this link: http://www.shakuhachiforum.com/viewtopi … 5618#p5618

eB

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer