Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-04-11 11:08:08

shinkage ryu

Introducing myself

My name is Jack and I have been playing shakuhachi for a little less than a year now, although my musical career started when I was but a child.  Upon discovering Suizen and Kinko ryu style honkyoku, I have become enthralled in the practice as opposed to normal meditation.  I am also a new practitioner of Shinkage ryu Iaido although I have previously gone through extensive self training in Muso Shinden Ryu Iaido.   The other instruments I play are the electric guitar, Violin, Viola, koto, ghuzeng, and a number of side blown flutes.  If any one here lives in virginia and would like to collaborate on a musical project, or just get together to play, let me know! 

Jack

“What sort of person are you, really, inside and what lies concealed there?”—the shakuhachi will undoubtedly supply the answer"

(taken from: "Take No Kokoro" by by Kurahashi Yodo Sensei)

#2 2007-04-11 23:11:36

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Re: Introducing myself

Welcome to the forum.  I used to regularly practice Eishin ryu iaido and still on occasion borrow my father-in-law's bokken (he has a sixth dan in iaido)  to practice early morning kata in the street in front of their home as there is no place to stand in their small garden to swing a sword.  Happy blowing!

Board footer