Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-05-05 12:14:58

kyoreiflutes
Website

Some of my music finally posted!

For some reason, I'm incredibly slow when it comes to getting my music (or anything else) on the web. I finally finished uploading some pieces to my MySpace account, so please have a listen.

For the tech-minded, these were composed in Reason, using mostly samples from the Miroslav sample library. I'm upgrading soon to some notation software, as I'm getting tired of sloshing through sounds with strange names. If you've ever worked with newer sample libraries, you know why people like Hans Zimmer have a dedicated Computer Guy. I'm also working on a shakuhachi-to-midi converter so I can play solos more easily.

More to come soon! Thanks for listening.

-Eddie

http://www.myspace.com/backfromthesun

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

#2 2007-05-23 20:24:22

costademaria
Website

Re: Some of my music finally posted!

hi, only to say that i listened to all the songs and i like them very much. in fact i found them great!

"how dear sir did you cross the flood?" "by not halting,friend,and by not straining i crossed the flood."
"but how is it,dear sir,that by not halting and by not straining you crossed the flood?"
"when i came to a standstill,friend,then i sank,but when i struggled,then i got swept away.it is in this way by not halting and by not straining i crossed the flood"

#3 2007-05-23 22:41:45

kyoreiflutes
Website

Mucho, mucho gracias, muy amigo! I really appreciate your kind words. This is the first time I've let anyone but friends listen to my stuff, really.

Thanks again!

-E

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

#4 2007-05-24 13:36:36

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

hey Eddie,
they sound great!!!
it will sound even better if you played some shakuhachi in top of that.

G

#5 2007-05-24 14:27:34

shaman141
Website

Beautiful stuff Eddie!

-Sean.

Find your voice and express yourself, that's the point.

#6 2007-05-25 16:14:33

costademaria
Website

i also waited to hear some sounds of shakuhachi. we encourage you to do this. and give us a knock  when you upload it please

"how dear sir did you cross the flood?" "by not halting,friend,and by not straining i crossed the flood."
"but how is it,dear sir,that by not halting and by not straining you crossed the flood?"
"when i came to a standstill,friend,then i sank,but when i struggled,then i got swept away.it is in this way by not halting and by not straining i crossed the flood"

Board footer