Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-05-18 03:20:11

Kundan

New Shakuhachi player from Oz

Hello Friends:
I began studying with Kakizakai sensei just seven weeks ago. Beginning of April 2007. I'm studying here for three months, then, off to California to visit family for three months and then back again for three months. Three lessons a week has been a real privilage. I reside in Australia and bought one of David Browns 1.8 Tasmanian Tiger Myrtle shakuhachi last September. I had a couple lessons with Stuart Ransom in the following months and then had the chance to come to Japan. Shortly after my arrival, I decided to move up to a Miura 1.8. I was very fortunate in that Miura-san was working on a 1.8 at the time and I got it in just two weeks. (I've heard that some people have to wait up to a year for one of his flutes.) It's a beautiful instrument. When I recieved it, it was like having a new lover.

I am just beginning my journey. Challenging and exciting. I'll be in Sydney in July 2008. See ya there.

Cheers, Kundan

#2 2007-10-26 21:55:01

julian

Re: New Shakuhachi player from Oz

Welcome and congratulations on having such exquisite instruments ! And I cannot but notice that Oz & Pac-Rim environs seem to be catching up with Japan as to the ever increasing numbers of shakuhachi players!
Perhaps master Lee and builder Brown are acting as magnets.
Best wishes and good luck.

Board footer