You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2005-12-20 09:16:12

James Nyoraku Schlefer
Dai Shihan
Website

New music for two shakuhachi

Hello everyone,

I just completed a series of ten duets for two shakhachis. The volume was conceived because of my observation after teaching for ten years, that most shakuhachi students don't get enough experience playing ensemble music during in the course of traditional study. The duets are short, range from easy to moderately difficult and are fun to play (at least acording to my students.) They come with both Kinko and Western notation and a CD of the duets, including each part separately so you can play along. I posted one of them with the sound clip on my web site so please have a look. www.nyoraku.com

James

#2 2005-12-21 02:06:15

Andre

Re: New music for two shakuhachi

Hello Nyoraku,

the piece posted on your webpage is really beautiful! I wish I had someone around to practise with me!

Andre

#3 2005-12-21 03:54:23

Yu-Jin

Andre, I am using for this purpose tape recorder or record it on my computer and put in mp3 player
E.

#4 2005-12-24 07:19:44

Seth

I just spent the last hour playing along to James' new duets and I wanted to get the word out that they are tremendously enjoyable.   The best part is the play-along CD which allows you to play either of the parts of each duet.   As I currently live far far away from any teacher this was a great breath of fresh air to my self-study efforts.  Thanks James!

Board footer