Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-08-06 11:50:07

Harry
Website

Ro-buki/ TV.

I practice ro-buki while watching TV. Will I rot in Buddhist hell?

Funnily enough it is a very good documentary on the pshycology of Joseph Stalin that is presently showing.

Regards,

Harry.

"As God once said, and I think rightly..." (Margaret Thatcher)

#2 2007-08-06 12:06:38

Harazda

Re: Ro-buki/ TV.

Harry, it depends on what you mean by "I."

#3 2007-08-06 12:13:14

Harry
Website

Well, I hardly think its clever, or useful, to refer to myself as 'the universe' in everyday speech... (or maybe Stalin, in his self appointed divinity, had correct attitudes in his dealings with people?)

I mean me, Harry, a person in the world with an ego, human desires, bodily needs, bad habits, good and bad practices, a mortgage, occasional bad breath...not some metaphysical equation or piece of religious or other information.

Regards,

Harry (A.K.A: "I", "Me"...)

#4 2007-08-06 17:20:19

Harry
Website

"Buddhist Hell"... doesn't seem so bad:

http://www.vietnamhost.com/suoitien_park/pictures/bientiendong1.jpg

"Another example of an Asian site featuring the torments of hell. It's not in a museum though, it's in a theme park in [Vietnam]. I mean, three words: Buddhist Theme Park! I was a little baffled by the concept myself but it was a lot of fun. Rides and stuff, plus this animatronic display of the [twelve] torments of hell for people who'd committed particular crimes. It was a little like Pirates of the Carribean, only incredibly lame, tech-wise. There was one specific punishment for gamblers, one for adulterers, another for drug-takers. It was kind of amusing how different members of the family I was with laughed nervously at different exhibits. If you're ever in Saigon, you have to visit, it's truly strange."

The park has a website where you can watch short MPEG movies of attractions, including the Hell exhibit. The whole park is surreal -- check out the wicked cool photos these gigantic swimming pools with faux-stone monuments of gods watching over. This one -- an old man with a waterfall beard -- is my favorite.

Regards,

H.

Last edited by Harry (2007-08-06 17:29:29)

#5 2007-08-06 19:02:12

rpowers

#6 2007-08-06 23:59:49

Kerry

Harry wrote:

Will I rot in Buddhist hell?

Nah, just incessant bell ringing and the gnashing of undercooked rice and grits, without butter!

Last edited by Kerry (2007-08-07 00:02:50)

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

Board footer