Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2005-12-23 17:18:50

jeff jones
Website

plugged ears

I have been practicing allot lately and noticed that my flute was sounding quiet in different areas of the house,depending on where I sat.This could just be me,and my flute  placement was alittle off,or are my ears plugged? So I looked on the internet and found something I thought interesting.I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on the subject. http://www.ctds.info/plugged-ears.html .Thanks

Beauty is ugly at rest

#2 2005-12-26 07:41:05

selfdestruction

Re: plugged ears

I doubt that what you are experiencing is a result of plugged ears... but rather the effect of acoustics in your house. Enjoy the nice spots!

#3 2005-12-26 11:18:24

edosan
Edomologist

Try the bathroom; always some good stuff in the bathroom...

eB

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#4 2005-12-26 14:32:49

kyoreiflutes
Website

Actualy, I've been studying this for a little while, and it's very possible that more of us than we think have this plugged-ear problem. I have it from the stress in my neck.

Although I doubt your problem is room to room, it's probably just something about the different acoustics of your place. If you want to test your hearing, keep playing in the SAME place; if your hearing changes in one place, then there's a problem.

-E

Last edited by kyoreiflutes (2005-12-26 14:33:24)

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

Board footer