Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-09-25 11:02:37

Jean

New member from Switzerland

Hello everyone,

I live in Geneva (Swiss) and I began to play shakuhachi approximately one year ago. At first in self-taught consider held that there were no teachers in the place, then recently a shakuhachi’s teacher came to settle down here in Geneva, Dieter Nanz. He studied Shakuhachi in Japan with Kakiuchi Sensei and with Tajima Tadashi. Since I make great progress.

I also play guitar in particular flamenco guitar, I am Swiss but I also have Andalusian origins. 

I practise martial arts (jodo and iaido) as well as the Japanese shodo calligraphy. It is by this way that I contacted with the Japanese culture and discovered the shakuhachi. Instrument with which I literally fell in love.

I discovered ShakuhachiForum by surfing on the net and I find this forum extraordinary. There are lots of formidable people ready to help everyone in this long journey through the shakuhachi. I am delighted to be a part of this community.

Afflicted for the English faults, my mother tongue is French and Spanish. I am glad to be a part of the shakuhachi’s family.

All the best to everyone.

Jean

#2 2007-09-25 11:35:46

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: New member from Switzerland

Welcome Jean,

To the shakuhachi and the forum. And don't worry about your English, it's perfectly clear. This is an international forum so everybody is welcome to communicate. If you want to write in French or Spanish that's OK too, many of the members are multilingual.

There are several other good Swiss shakuhachi players, in fact Andreas Gutzwiller has a CD called, "Swiss Compositions for Shakuhachi" if I'm not mistaken.

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2007-09-25 13:25:34

Spiralbrain

Hi Jean,

Jürg Zurmühle is swiss and a shihan. I know 2 of his CDs and like him a lot.

www.shakuhachi.ch ...  but you might already know that ; )

#4 2007-09-25 16:36:37

philthefluter
Website

Hi Jean,

I spent a few days in your beautiful country this summer when going to and from the European Shakuhachi Summer School. I only got to visit Zurich and Basel though. Make sure to sign up to the European Shakuhachi Society discussion group at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/Euroshak/. There were a few Swiss players at the summer school who are probably on the list.

"The bamboo and Zen are One!" Kurosawa Kinko
http://www.shakuhachizen.com/
http://www.myspace.com/shakuhachizen

#5 2007-09-25 21:36:21

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Hi Jean,

Welcome to the forum.  Marco Lienhard is another excellent player and teacher of shakuhachi from Switzerland, though I believe he is based in New York now.  He was one of the guest performers at the 20th anniversary of the International Shakuhachi Center in Bisei town, Okayama last summer.  I am also currently learning jo (or perhaps I should say attempting to learn) -- another case of a simple looking object with a long convoluted tradition behind it which for most mortals appears to take long years of training to gain any degree of proficiency.

Last edited by Daniel Ryudo (2007-09-25 21:44:02)

#6 2007-09-26 04:19:29

Alex

Hey Jean!

Yo también toco la guitarra flamenca y el Shakuhachi, y no imaginaba que iba a encontrar alguien por ahí con esa combinación de intereses!

Si alguna vez vienes por Alicante podemos vernos, empezar por soplar unas notas en el Shakuhachi y acabar por bulerias!

Bienvenido!!

Alex

"An artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he's "at" somewhere. You always have to realise that you are constantly in the state of becoming. And as long as you can stay in that realm, you'll sort of be all right"
Bob Dylan

#7 2007-09-26 09:00:36

Jean

Thanks all you, for your interesting information concerning the Swiss players.

Thank you philthefluter for the coordinates of Euroshak, I have just sign up to the European Shakuhachi Society group discussion.

Axel, es maravilloso encontrar a alguien con la misma « combinación de intereses » : flamenco y shakuhachi. Tal vez en España la cosa pueda ser mas frecuente, pero aqui en Suiza parece imposible y surrealista. Espero que podremos efectivamente vernos alguna vez. Voy con frecuencia a Barcelona y a Malaga, tal vez la próxima vez podría detenerme en Alicante y nos tocamos un honkyoku por soleares... o por bulerias.

Board footer