Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-09-26 10:36:30

James J.

Camera suggestions for internet lessons?

Hello all,

I am seriously wanting to take online lessons with one of the masters.

I was wondering if any of the masters or students had any recommendations for which camera I should buy, or which ones to avoid.  I have zero experience with webcams.  Can anyone give me some advice?

Thank you in advance,
James J.

#2 2007-09-26 11:13:10

nyokai
shihan
Website

Re: Camera suggestions for internet lessons?

My students have several different kinds of cameras, from expensive prosumer video cameras attached via firewire to inexpensive Logitech webcams. That part of it doesn't seem to make a lot of difference. What is more important, I think, is having a decent separate mic -- and a speedy connection.

#3 2007-09-27 20:22:04

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Re: Camera suggestions for internet lessons?

Hi James,

I have found that the sound is not so good because of "feedback" with my webcam and students. So my "computer lessons are done somewheat differently. For an explanation of how , please go to <http://www.nyogetsu.com/events> and scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find a URL that clearly walks the student through the process.

This is an extension of the "cassette" lessons that I started doing 30 years ago with students around the world who were not near a Teacher (which is always the best alternative, if possible!). At present I have over 30 "computer" students in over 26 states in the USA and 6 Foriegn Countries.

Also, you can't go wrong to work with Nyokai as well. He is an excellent player and Teacher.

Let me know if I can be of help.

Nyogetsu

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

Board footer