Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-10-03 17:45:24

Baku

Hello from Wisconsin!

Hello all!  I am a new shakuhachi player and am wondering if there are any teachers in my area?  I live in Northwestern Wisconsin and I am just experimenting with it on my own.  I was also wondering if i post a picture of it if anyone can tell me if it is a decent one or not...  I bought it at a Renaissance Festival in my area.  I will post a picture later!  Thank you!

"You mean you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll kill each other like civilized people?"  - The Princess Bride

#2 2007-10-05 08:12:50

Jeff Cairns
teacher, performer,promoter of shakuhachi
Website

Re: Hello from Wisconsin!

Hello Baku and welcome,
I can't help you with a teacher in your area, but it's always nice to look at take.
jeff

shakuhachi flute
I step out into the wind
with holes in my bones

#3 2007-10-05 08:42:45

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Hey Baku,

I am from Wisconsin, but I live in Tasmania now. However I get back there periodically and sometimes teach a few lessons. Keep in touch.

Ciao,

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#4 2007-10-05 11:09:07

Baku

thank you jeff and tairaku - i have been doing a lot of research online about shakuhachi and playing around with it myself.  can do some decent notes but haven't discovered the second octave yet smile  any recomended online lessons?  thanks!

"You mean you'll put down your rock and I'll put down my sword and we'll kill each other like civilized people?"  - The Princess Bride

Board footer