Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-10-23 04:04:31

badoumba

Raw madake

Hi everybody

I am looking for good suggestions to obtain raw madake. I hesitate to order it to mejiro as we can't have any preview and no return is possible.
Does any maker have pieces in stock?

Thanks a lot :-)

#2 2007-10-23 11:55:53

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Re: Raw madake

badoumba wrote:

I am looking for good suggestions to obtain raw madake.

Hello Badoumba,

You might try Tom Deaver and Monty Levenson. They occasionally sell madake.

Good luck!

Ken

#3 2007-10-23 17:16:50

badoumba

Thanks Ken, will try :-)

#4 2008-10-07 23:20:21

koshizan
Website

Aloha,
Not still sure if you are still looking - or for what grade you are looking for. I am selling off some low grade stock to make some room in the workshop. Stock is from Kumamoto and was harvested between '94-'95, cured in the traditional way. Basically stuff for beginners to practice your crafting skills on and is considered low grade due to age, spacing of fushi and for no usable roots, etc. etc. About 30 pieces available. Looks like priority mail will run ~$10.00 for 1-2 pieces. Am asking $30 per piece with roots or $20 per piece for non root end pieces + shipping (unless you wish to pick up in Hawaii!). Can figure actual shipping for multiple pieces. Poles are numbered and pics with measurements/commenst are at my hotmail space: http://koshizan.spaces.live.com/
Will update these pics as availablity changes.
Email me at the left or here:
koshizan at hotmail dot com
for questions, comments or ordering. Can take checks or paypal.
Mahalos,
David Amann

PS Can't get to mail on the weekends - so will reply on Monday or the next business day.

Last edited by koshizan (2008-10-07 23:25:40)

Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music .... and Music is THE BEST.  fz

#5 2008-10-12 00:39:52

Windsiu

David,
what are the  bore measurements of #832, 833, 834, 836, and 837? What do you charge if I buy multiply pieces?

Thanks
Wind

#6 2008-10-14 14:24:41

koshizan
Website

Thanks for the interest, email sent and will check on the bores tonight.
Aloha, David

Information is not knowledge, Knowledge is not wisdom, Wisdom is not truth, Truth is not beauty, Beauty is not love, Love is not music .... and Music is THE BEST.  fz

#7 2008-10-29 18:18:27

koshizan
Website

Aloha All - here's update and half price offer,
Thanks for the interest on the Madake. 1/2 sold now and will offer the rest at half price or $10 per piece. No root pieces remain. Again, these are some low grade stock to make some room in the workshop. Stock is from Kumamoto and was harvested between '94-'95, cured in the traditional way. Basically stuff for beginners to practice your crafting skills on and is considered low grade due to age, spacing of fushi and for no usable roots, etc. etc. Priority Mail will run ~$10.00 for 1-2 pieces. Can figure actual shipping for multiple pieces. Poles are numbered and pics with measurements/commenst are at my hotmail space:

http://koshizan.spaces.live.com/

Will update these pics as availablity changes.
Email me at the left or here:
koshizan at hotmail dot com
for questions, comments or ordering. Can take checks or paypal.
Mahalos,
David Amann

PS Can't get to mail on the weekends - so will reply on Monday or the next business day.

#8 2008-11-26 17:45:36

rob+kat

"Basically stuff for beginners to practice your crafting skills on and is considered low grade..."
That being said, as a begainer practicing crafting skills, this material is very helpful indeed, and the transaction was quick and a pleasure.
Rob

Board footer