Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-10-28 05:20:57

amokrun

Long time no see.

Greetings everyone.

It's been a while since I read the forums. Nice to see that things are still running smoothly. I suppose that I need to get active again. I've been somewhat busy with moving into a new apartment as well as other trivial stuff like what to do in life. Thankfully I've still found enough energy to practice - more so than ever in fact.

I promised to do few things for the forums and I'm hoping to get started on that work again. I am deeply sorry for the delays. Although I can be a slacker when it comes to certain things I have at least managed to get something done. As part of putting together a simple song booklet for me and my girlfriend to practice with I'm working on shakuhachi notation again. Right now I have western staff notation with lyrics for a whole bunch of classic japanese pieces. I'm hoping to eventually have the shakuhachi notation on the other page so that the booklet can be used for practicing duets. The obvious side-effect of this is that once I get things to work right it should be possible to also create independent shakuhachi notation sheets. Although computer-generated notation lacks the spirit of well-written calligraphy it can often be easier for a beginner to read and allows one to make plenty of copies on demand.

I guess I need to go and catch up with the new threads. I'm hoping to be able to start posting more in here again.

ps.

I know that "I'm back" posts are highly annoying. Yet, I made one. Such is life.

#2 2007-10-28 05:40:37

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Long time no see.

Welcome back Amokrun, no worries, we always appreciate good contributions from sincere enthusiasts.

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2007-10-28 07:43:53

Harazda

Yes, welcome back, amokrun... I have noticed your absence and am glad to see your return. 

Peace.

-Harazda

#4 2007-10-28 13:40:43

dstone
Website

Greets.

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

Board footer