• Index
  •  » Links
  •  » Spanish Shakuhachi site and MP3

#1 2007-10-29 22:22:01

Antonio Olías
Website

Spanish Shakuhachi site and MP3

Hello to all the comunity,

I created a MySpace and Spanish site, English translation will be develop in few months. The MySpace is not yet finished but at least I could upload some songs of my CD recorded last Summer in collaboration with Japanese musicians.

These are the songs that you´ll find in MySpace:

The first track is Encuentros "Encounters" - It´s a bansuri and shakuhachi duet. The bansuri performer is Carlos Guerra a very good Spanish friend living in Kyoto.

The second track is Vientos del Sur "South Wind" - It´s a hang duet performed by Hibiki and Kento, Begoña Castro does flamenco clapings and I use a flamenco scale, but this is fussion, not flamenco.

The third track is Tres Bailes "Three Dances" - The flamenco guitar player is Ryotaro Shibata, he composed two voices for guitar, Begoña Castro does live flamenco dance, and shakuhachi duet a 2.1 and a 2.9.

The fourth track is Para Jun san "For Jun san" - This is a shakuhachi solo. I composed this piece in memory of Jun san. She´s the wife of the person who recorded the CD. When I started on July the recording he told me that his wife had cancer. At least she was improving when I was leaving from Japan. This piece is my praying for her healing. In this piece I combine singing and blowing through the shakuhachi and I used too Mongolian kargyraa throat singing to have three different elements that have a spiritual background in their origin.

The photos that you can on MySpace page are paintings from the well known artist Chiaki Horikoshi. It was a gift to have his art on the CD. The made different paintings for jacket and the booklet.

I hope that you enjoy the songs. Thank you.

#2 2007-10-31 11:17:17

badoumba

Re: Spanish Shakuhachi site and MP3

Hi Anton!

Great improvments to your website!
Hope to see you soon back in Barcelona :-)

• Index
  •  » Links
  •  » Spanish Shakuhachi site and MP3

Board footer