World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-12-03 10:33:03

Musgo da Pedra
Website

Blows of the extreme south of Brazil

Hello, my name is Henrique.

It was a blessing to have found this forum... I never had affinity with the internet... I just used (always in lan houses) for emails and to visit the site  that captured my glance and showed the instrument for my soul... In this site, I believed to be viewing the most reliable information of the internet... Now I am having opportunity to access the net home and discovering the amount of interesting things and of people still/yet (?) more interesting there is in this net... 

I began to play with shakuhachi done by me in 2001... You can imagine the quality of those flutes! I went for close to a cascade in a forest and played naturally... When it felt need of some change I totally acted in way primitive using a litlle or giant rocks as "sandpaper" . In reality I acted as a monkey making that (I don't judge that action)!   : )  Thanks to the good spirits and to the musical needs (I play guitar 13 years ago and at that time that was important because then I already got to understand the sounds that I played better) they showed me that to study was necessary. Without hurry and trying to be awake the whole time to digest the information about construction and on playing that came slowly in the correct time for your assimilation... Always beginner...

Congratulations to all that share at this forum and to the creators of the forum...
Exchanging blows, we grew it doesn't matter how far away we are... 

Let's blow... 

Peace

Last edited by Musgo da Pedra (2007-12-03 14:14:47)

Omnia mea mecum porto

#2 2007-12-03 13:46:37

Rayofwind

Re: Blows of the extreme south of Brazil

Greetings to you & welcome.
I have felt like a monkey; trying to learn, find a teacher, or just a note. The forum has been the most educational experience toward my growth in playing.

Wisdom is found when you are willing to open your eyes.
Ray

#3 2007-12-04 12:36:41

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Blows of the extreme south of Brazil

Hola Henrique,
Welcome to the Shakuhachi Forum. I made my first shakuhachi on a beach in Okinawa from found "driftboo" collected on the beach on my wife's (then girlfriend) swiss army knife. What a road you have embarked on! Please feel free to ask any questions on the Flutemaking section!

Namaste, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer