Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#26 2007-12-18 11:01:13

radi0gnome
Website

Re: Fingerprinting and Picture ID of all visitors WTF?

Gishin wrote:

If Japan wants to really protect itself from terrorists then there are much better measures than this one or if they want to use the fingerprinting method they should erase our files after we cleared and not keep them in their database. Why keep the files of a non criminal on their Database? For them to make mistakes and make you pay for it in the future?

As far as why to keep the information on file, it's proabably because it's easier and cheaper to just leave it there. They're already going through a lot of expense just to maintain the database. Besides, what kind of problems do you think you might run into because the information is kept on file?

I don't really see the connection between what sounds like a privacy issue here and your allegation that Japanese culture is for the most part racist. Maybe they are, if so it isn't the only country with that problem.

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

#27 2007-12-18 11:20:42

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

radi0gnome wrote:

Gishin wrote:

If Japan wants to really protect itself from terrorists then there are much better measures than this one or if they want to use the fingerprinting method they should erase our files after we cleared and not keep them in their database. Why keep the files of a non criminal on their Database? For them to make mistakes and make you pay for it in the future?

As far as why to keep the information on file, it's proabably because it's easier and cheaper to just leave it there. They're already going through a lot of expense just to maintain the database. Besides, what kind of problems do you think you might run into because the information is kept on file?

I don't really see the connection between what sounds like a privacy issue here and your allegation that Japanese culture is for the most part racist. Maybe they are, if so it isn't the only country with that problem.

The issue I have with them keeping it on file is misshandling/Missuse of those files since last year there was many scandals involving the  Japanese governement that had multiple leaks of personal information. PLUS there is not cost involved in deleting your file after you leave the country.

Now when it comes the privacy issue the whole point is not really privacy but the reason why they do it and what they seem to think it will help prevent. the whole measure seems to be aimed at satisfying a wave of racist/ultranationalistic feelings that seem to be growing more and more lately in Japan it was always there but seemed to have been less seen but since 3/4 years now it has been growing.

Also you say that those are my allegations well not really it is just the reality take the time to read the articles and if you are not conviced then just ask some Korean or Chinese people that have lived or are still living in Japan what they think about it wink Thos are just true facts that were not hidden but not know to the wider public and it is about time that the intreantion community gets to know what Japan have been able to somehow hide with nice manners politeness and efficient service.

The best service we can give them is to denounce this since they have never quite realized that what they are doing is wrong since other countries never confronted them on those issues.

Sure there are also many contrires that have issues and not only Japan BUT the fact remains that most people when thinking of Japan never imagined most of the times that all that kind of stuff is happening there are a quite shocked andf have a hard time believing that the all peacfull and gentle Japan has this type of crap hiding itn thier closets and to my eyes this is what is dirty about this country.

For the rest I love the place, climat culture and its people for the most part. The first step to helping correct this is not going to come from the Japanese people as far as I feel  it can only come from external pressure and giving them a feeling of shame once this is established they will quickly start to change since public image is very important to them.

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#28 2007-12-18 11:26:01

jb

Hi.

An American raised in US racism is so blind to it that you cannot even talk to us about it.  We are like fish in water who do not notice we are wet. Or like The Bourgeois Gentilhomme who discovers he has been speaking prose all this life. Racism destroys the discriminator and the discriminated classes equally. That's what's wrong with it. And it isn't pretty.

Regards,
jb

#29 2007-12-18 13:57:16

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

jb wrote:

Hi.

An American raised in US racism is so blind to it that you cannot even talk to us about it.

The main reason I moved to Australia was liking the place. But one of the main reasons I was willing to leave America was the unresolved racial issues that will never get resolved and only continue to get worse. It's going to drag the country down.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#30 2007-12-18 17:59:49

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

Tairaku wrote:

jb wrote:

Hi.

An American raised in US racism is so blind to it that you cannot even talk to us about it.

The main reason I moved to Australia was liking the place. But one of the main reasons I was willing to leave America was the unresolved racial issues that will never get resolved and only continue to get worse. It's going to drag the country down.

So far being born and raised in Canada I have to say that our immigration is not always perfect BUT compared to many other places we seem to have a pretty good system considering that fact we accept a lot of immigrants and have been able to help them take their place in our society quite easily with all kinds of support from our federal and provincial governments.

Of course there will be some racist people but they tend to be very quiet since they are a minorty and most Canadians really do not support or appreciate any from of dicirmination racism etc and anybody doing so can and will be severly punished after a case has been proven.

Quite a nice country I have to say excpet for the damm snow and cold up here in Quebec this year when hearing about you in Australia makes me feel to move down there. Actually the wife and I have been talking about it for many reasons. NO winter closer to China for her to visit her familly, Closer to Japan for me to visit my teachers and relations. So maybe later when our first child gets a bit older it might be a move we would consider.

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#31 2007-12-18 18:08:43

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Gishin if you want to move here better do it soon because they are always tightening the restrictions. Generally speaking they don't want anybody over 40.

(Last night we were drinking Martinis (Seagram's not Bombay) on the beach and watching the sun set around 9:30 PM.)

Back to the topic obviously places like Canada and Australia can get a grip on things a lot better than the States because of the smaller population base. Australia was one of the most racist countries in the world but it did not hinder development because they didn't have any significant minorities. The way the Brits treated the Aborigines was of course shameful. And that has caused lingering problems as in America with the slaves and the Native Americans. But Australia has made great strides and deals with new immigration pretty well.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#32 2007-12-18 20:29:42

dstone
Website

True, I think Canada is fairly intolerant toward racism and ultranationalism, at least in government policy or generally accepted behaviours.  The city I live in has more interracial marriages, a higher % of non-whites (50%), and less racial separation by neighbourhood than anywhere else.  (Our treatment of pre-European inhabitants and then Japanese during WW II wasn't pretty, but no Canadians today support policy like that anymore.)

However, back to Japan's "anti-terrorist" or "pro-security" policies that apparently hide other nasty agendas...  Canada shows the same trend.  Our administration tends to fall in line very quickly behind the USA and UK when it comes to surveillance without cause, removal of rights, and detainment.  An American administration gets what it wants by pressing the "patriotic" button.  In Canada, we bend over similarly when we're told that questionable government policies are either for vague "security" purposes or (worse...) to cooperate with our southern neighbours.  Low standards, little independent thought, and a bit sad.

Human rights should always come before national security.

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

Board footer