Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-06-15 16:30:10

jaybeemusic

Enhanced Yuu question...

Hey everyone....

This question if for anybody that has seen/owned the enhanced Yuu that's done by Monty.

If you look into the bore.....what/where are these "enhancements"   are they to re-tune certain notes?

and....  Do you feel that they are justified.

I've got a Yuu and I'd love to know just HOW much of an upgrade i'd be getting.   

Thanks a million.

It's better to keep your mouth closed and let people "think" that you're stupid, than to open it, and remove all doubt.

#2 2008-06-15 17:36:00

gmiller

Re: Enhanced Yuu question...

Have you thought of asking Monty? He'd be the best qualified to answer this question.

#3 2008-06-15 19:53:02

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

I played one those Yuu. Monty fixes the intonations problems they may have. The one I played sound it great.

#4 2008-06-19 13:48:25

Lance

I've wondered that too, done by removing and adding (gluing?) into the bore?? I still don't have an 'expensive' bamboo Shakuhachi, (I think my root end was $160 or so), so I can't compare the Yuu to anything of high quality and precise tuning, and I'm only a beginner, but I continue to LOVE my Yuu (regular model) and it can do SO much more than my inexpensive bamboo (which cost more than the Yuu).

If I could afford one right now I'd probably get the enhanced Yuu, although as a beginner I don't know that I'd be able to appreciate how much better it is.

“The firefly is a good lesson in light, and darkness”

Board footer