You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-02-18 23:42:34

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

More Shakuhachi in Performance Art

Hi all,

If you're around New York City on February 25, 2006, you may be interested in seeing my theater group, SLANT perform our first infamous show -

http://www.yungflutes.com/logphotos/bdampressphoto.jpg

Big Dicks Asian Men, the musical.

We will be headlining the Main Street's Next Generation: Asian American Arts and Culture Festival at Flushings Town Hall, council on the arts and culture. It's a three day event from Feb 24th - 26th celebrating Asian American arts with film, stand-up comedy, live music, family workshops, and us on the main stage.

Big Dicks Asian Men was first commissioned in 1995 by La MaMa E.T.C. in NYC. Since then, it has been performed in numerous universities and colleges and has been presented in professional theater venues from coast to coast, including the Belgrade International Experimental Theater Festival in the Former Yugoslavia and the Starlight Ballroom in Madison, WI. Although SLANT usually performs for all audiences, this one happens to be a PG -13 show.

It is basically a post modern "whodunit" performed in vignettes of dance, shadow pupperty, monologues and live original music composed by the trio. Some of you may be interested to know I made my first performance shakuhachi for this show for a musical scene called Buddah Blues where an Asian American garage band jams to a psychedelic, Peking Operatic version of Heartbreak Hotel. Yes, you have to hear it to believe it.

" Exquisite bamboo flute..." - The Bay Guardian, San Francisco.

Those who purchase tickets in advance can get 15% off here: https://www.choicesecure01.net/mainapp/ … mp;promo=2

More info:

FLUSHING COUNCIL ON CULTURE AND THE ARTS
137-35 Northern Boulevard
Flushing, New York 11354
718-463-7700
info@flushingtownhall.org

"SLANT must be incapable if dullness. The three - Richard Ebihara, Wayland Quitero and Perry Yung - seem inhabited by a single mischievous and merry spirit. They are good, if not loud, musicians. And no matter how much fun they poke at others, they laugh at themselves even more." - New York Times. NY

Hope to see you there!
Namaste, Perry

Last edited by Yungflutes (2006-02-18 23:47:12)

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

Board footer