Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-09-14 22:02:04

Larry Tyrrell
Website

Is sound audible on the moonbridge.com website?

Hello,

Based on feedback from a Seattle student today the imbedded sounds on (nearly) every page of moonbridge.com may or may not be audible depending on your configuration.
It works for me on Mac with Safari, Internet Explorer and Firefox.  If anyone else has had trouble hearing streaming sounds (assuming you're not on dial-up) or is curious to check this out please let me know what you experience. I'm optimistically hoping it's not a Mac/Windows thing... 

Thanks,

Larry

#2 2008-09-14 23:29:45

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

Re: Is sound audible on the moonbridge.com website?

it sound great Larry!!

I have a questions about your book/cd. Do you have the music is western notation too?

#3 2008-09-15 10:18:54

Larry Tyrrell
Website

Thanks, geni! To answer your question the notation is only in Kinko and Tozan. I learned the pieces by ear and then transcribed them into Japanese notation directly using some Postscript fonts in Adobe Illustrator. I have no present plans for staff transcriptions although I'm starting work on guitar chords for each one which will be in measure form with barlines. Thanks for checking out the site.

#4 2008-09-15 12:31:03

edosan
Edomologist

Larry Tyrrell wrote:

I have no present plans for staff transcriptions although I'm starting work on guitar chords for each one which will be in measure form with barlines.

That'd be great! Then we could back up the solos with a synth-pad, and get all groovy and hippie and New-Agey-like (with a Celtic feel, of course).

Can't wait to get my recently ordered copy.

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer