World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-09-20 11:25:21

Josh
PhD
Website

Masakazu Yoshizawa

A new cd call "Immortality_Tokoshinae" by Masakazu Yoshizawa has just come out. Apperently this is the one he had been working on at the time of his untimely death.
It is a solo cd, but there is now song list. Anyone closer to him familiar with this?

There is a small description on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de … p;v=glance

#2 2008-09-20 14:04:44

edosan
Edomologist

Re: Masakazu Yoshizawa

Also says it's manufactured on demand (to CD-R). Be good to get in touch and encourage the producer to put it up on iTunes.

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#3 2008-09-24 01:31:28

Jim Thompson

Sorry for taking so long to respond but I was technologically bounced for a while. Masa's C.D. was recorded up until 5 days from his passing. He was diagnosed with stomach cancer in Oct.of 2006 and wasn't supposed to make it past Christmas of 2006. He fought it until his passing in Oct. of 2007 recording and performing till the end. Masa's drive to make music was unsurpassed. For this recording of this C.D. Masa was propped up on pillows(he was all skin and bones) and had to be messaged to keep his circulation up so he could play. What you are hearing is his death poems. That his playing was so powerful is a tribute to mans will. The most haunting stuff on the c.d. for me was his playing of his homemade 3.75  Jinashi shakuhachi. The c.d. is a collaboration with friends from over the years-Osamu Kitajima, Hiromi Hashibe, Van Dyke Parks and others. His playing on this c.d. is powerful and vital. You would never guess his situation from listening.
     There is limited availability and if you can't get it at Amazon you might try the c.d.'s producer, Dr. Osamu Kitajima at e-mail address:  dok@eastquest.com  If none of that works, try me.

Last edited by Jim Thompson (2008-09-24 01:35:18)

" Who do you trust , me or your own eyes?" - Groucho Marx

#4 2008-09-27 17:20:42

edosan
Edomologist

I just received my copy today, and quite expeditiously, from Amazon (USD16.97 incl postage).

Reviewed here: http://shakuhachiforum.com/viewtopic.ph … 339#p17339

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer