#1 2006-03-03 20:37:04

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

my new flute.

hey Guys,

Just got a 2.4 A Made from Mujitsu.
I love it. Its Chinese bamboo..250$$

I recomended it to everybody (with limited buget like me;-)
Its sound beautifull

Thank you Ken..
Geni

#2 2006-03-03 21:36:03

Travis Winegar
Website

Re: my new flute.

And here I thought I was being original.

I just so happened to receive my 2.5ish from Mujitsu today.  Same level of flute from Chinese bamboo.  I love it!

Great minds...

"As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw." – Shunryu Suzuki

Shakuhachi Search Engine

#3 2006-03-03 21:43:16

Lady B Lotus

You guys are lucky. Thanks for the information...I thought one would be $1,000 or higher.

#4 2006-03-03 22:20:32

kyoreiflutes
Website

No, Ken makes some very nice flutes out of Chinese Madake, and charges very little for them. They're simple flutes, made with extraction only, and a natural utaguchi. I'd get one myself, but my budget won't allow it. I must be broke, huh.

Geni and Travis, how's the diameter feel for you guys?

-E

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

#5 2006-03-03 23:32:03

Travis Winegar
Website

The diameter on mine feels great.  It's a considerably larger flute than I am used to.  The diameter near the utaguchi is about 41mm, compared to about 31mm on the Yuu I believe -- a big difference for me.  The ikigaeshi is intact, which helps a lot.  I wanted a bit wider jinashi flute (not too wide since I'm a beginner), as I love the sound, and this one is a very nice first step.

"As soon as you see something, you already start to intellectualize it. As soon as you intellectualize something, it is no longer what you saw." – Shunryu Suzuki

Shakuhachi Search Engine

#6 2006-03-04 19:41:26

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

mine feels good too.
i can not play very fast..its bigger.
i need sometime to get my ears used to the key of the flute, fingerings.
but, it sounds great..

#7 2006-03-04 20:26:08

jamesnyman

I have a 1.9 Chinese rootend from Ken that I carry with me everywhere I go. Today at a Destination Imagination tournament I was judging a team did not show up.  We had an audience of 100 and 20 minutes of dead air time. So I pulled the 1.9 out of my backpack and played a bit of Kyorei, a bit of Choshi, but mostly just improvised and then answer questions about the shakuhachi and the komuso. It was very fun.

"The means are the ends in the making."  Mohandas K. Ghandi

Board footer