Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-01-15 08:54:54

utsilasi
Website

Greetings from Italy

Hi all! my name is Cristiano, from Torino-Italy, I play flutes since several years, and now I'm as new as enhusiastic to shakuhachi world.. I like blowing long and esthatic notes(with my new  beautiful Perry's 2.1 earth), the deepness of japanese art and culture, zen, and I find shakuhachi player very interesting and nice persons.. unfortunately in Italy I know only one of them, living at more ore less 300km far from my home.. but there is the web, for now!
Cristiano

#2 2009-01-15 10:25:40

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Greetings from Italy

Ciao Christiano Come stai!
Welcome to the forum. I'm very happy that you are enjoying the flute. I know a few other people who play shakuhachi in Italy but they are in Rome and Bologna. If you want, I'll try to help you make the connections.

I once performed in a theater festival in Milano. What a beautiful area of Italy you are in!

Ciao amico, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#3 2009-01-15 10:44:35

utsilasi
Website

Yungflutes wrote:

I know a few other people who play shakuhachi in Italy but they are in Rome and Bologna. If you want, I'll try to help you make the connections.

Those would be precious connections! Thank you very much!
Cristiano

#4 2009-01-15 13:13:32

marek
Website

hi and welcome!

In passionate silence, the sound is what I'm after.

#5 2009-01-15 14:02:07

Bas Nijenhuis
Website

Bon Giorno and Welcome, hope you find people in Italy from the shakuhachi field.
Do you play the shakuhachi already some time, or just starting out?

greetz, Bas

p.s. and praise to Perry in playing a nice part of making the bamboo shakuhachi available to a broad public!

Last edited by Bas Nijenhuis (2009-01-15 14:04:21)

Read more about my shakuhachi adventures at:
Bas' Shakuhachi Blog!

#6 2009-01-16 04:28:41

utsilasi
Website

hi Bas! I'm just starting.. I'm making the first experiments.. maybe one day I will feel ready to travel some hundreds kilometers to find a teacher. ( I made researches and I found one here in Italy, otherwise the nearest society I found is in France, the Voye of Bamboo) but for the moment the web, and this forum in particular is a great resource: I think it will deserve the greatest merit for the knowledge and soon the diffusion of shakuhachi also here in Italy.

Last edited by utsilasi (2009-01-16 04:29:18)

#7 2009-01-16 05:05:11

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

utsilasi wrote:

hi Bas! I'm just starting.. I'm making the first experiments.. maybe one day I will feel ready to travel some hundreds kilometers to find a teacher. ( I made researches and I found one here in Italy, otherwise the nearest society I found is in France, the Voye of Bamboo) but for the moment the web, and this forum in particular is a great resource: I think it will deserve the greatest merit for the knowledge and soon the diffusion of shakuhachi also here in Italy.

Ciao Utsilasi,

I make it to Italy at least once a year, we'll hook up for a lesson or two then.

Ciao,

BR

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#8 2009-01-16 05:25:04

utsilasi
Website

Tairaku wrote:

I make it to Italy at least once a year, we'll hook up for a lesson or two then.

Ciao,

BR

It would be the maximum! thank you very much!
keep in touch
Cristiano

#9 2009-01-16 10:42:58

Bas Nijenhuis
Website

utsilasi wrote:

Hmm 100 km's is a lot indeed. Online teaching is also an option and I hear good tales about them ( as the next best thing).
and yes this forum is very nice to have when starting (and later as well I guess) I began also recently to play. It must've been harder in the pre-internet era. Without it I would almost certainly not be playing now...

Read more about my shakuhachi adventures at:
Bas' Shakuhachi Blog!

#10 2009-01-16 17:48:24

Dun Romin

Ciao Christiano, Ben venuto a questa piazza di ciacole utile e piacevole...... . Spero che ti divertirai et imparerai come facciamo qui tuti. Living at Torino you have indeed the nice possibility to look also to France and Swiss (Basilea has a good teacher+ a good trainconnection) for lessons; it might very wel be you find teachers closer at home. Ask the European Shakuhachi Society, because some of the teachers are regulary travelling around, and as far as I know one of them also to the south of France. Most of all enjoy the b(l)owing.

Tomorrow's wind only blows tomorrow. (Koji)

#11 2009-01-17 15:26:02

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

utsilasi wrote:

Yungflutes wrote:

I know a few other people who play shakuhachi in Italy but they are in Rome and Bologna. If you want, I'll try to help you make the connections.

Those would be precious connections! Thank you very much!
Cristiano

Ciao Christiano, I'll look through my contacts and will copy you all into an introductory email.

Bas Ninjenhuis wrote:

p.s. and praise to Perry in playing a nice part of making the bamboo shakuhachi available to a broad public!

Thanks Bas, It is a priviledge and honor to help make the shakuhachi accessible. More so, it is a responsibility I do not take lightly.

Namaste, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#12 2009-01-19 06:25:50

utsilasi
Website

Dun Romin wrote:

Ciao Christiano, Ben venuto a questa piazza di ciacole utile e piacevole...... . Spero che ti divertirai et imparerai come facciamo qui tuti. Living at Torino you have indeed the nice possibility to look also to France and Swiss (Basilea has a good teacher+ a good trainconnection) for lessons; it might very wel be you find teachers closer at home. Ask the European Shakuhachi Society, because some of the teachers are regulary travelling around, and as far as I know one of them also to the south of France. Most of all enjoy the b(l)owing.

Hi Dun , I see you very at ease with italian language! thank you for your good advices: I will enjoy blowing ..and traveling!
In fact there is also a shakuhachi world not using the internet, that I still have to discover, it will require dedication too
thank you, doei!
Cristiano

#13 2009-01-20 17:22:48

Dun Romin

smile Whow, and a dutch word from you too! I graduated for canto al Conservatorio di Venezia. Maybe for you it can be interesting to know that VĂ©ronique Piron is a flute-teacher at the Paris school of music, but also a licensed shakuhachi-teacher. Sta mi bene. J.

Tomorrow's wind only blows tomorrow. (Koji)

Board footer