You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-04-04 11:37:56

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Scales

Hi All,

Does anybody know of a source for various scales in Kinko notation?

I already know about James Schlefer's book which has exercises for many of the Japanese ones.

I'm looking for Western and various scales from around the world, not necessarily Japanese. Has anybody transcribed them systematically into Kinko notation?

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#2 2006-04-04 11:48:15

shaman141
Website

Re: Scales

I would be really interested in a resource of that type as well. Long live the Violent Femmes!

-Sean

Find your voice and express yourself, that's the point.

#3 2006-04-05 17:52:53

Larry Tyrrell
Website

Hi Brian,

I've been working on a compilation of some of the traditional modes; dorian, phrygian, mixolydian, et al especially in the context of how they can be used in improvisation with acoustic guitar.  I've been working with the DADGAD tuning for a few years now so I'm also justaposing the various flute lengths with where the guitar is capoed. For example, the 1.8 is most effective in mixolydian if the guitar is capoed at the third fret.  If this kind of information is useful to you let me know. I plan to transcribe the modes into both Kinko and Tozan and make the file available as a pdf.  First, gotta get those taxes finished...

Larry

#4 2006-04-05 20:38:51

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Larry Tyrrell wrote:

Hi Brian,

I've been working on a compilation of some of the traditional modes; dorian, phrygian, mixolydian, et al especially in the context of how they can be used in improvisation with acoustic guitar.  I've been working with the DADGAD tuning for a few years now so I'm also justaposing the various flute lengths with where the guitar is capoed. For example, the 1.8 is most effective in mixolydian if the guitar is capoed at the third fret.  If this kind of information is useful to you let me know. I plan to transcribe the modes into both Kinko and Tozan and make the file available as a pdf.  First, gotta get those taxes finished...

Larry

Thanks Larry,

Yes when you get finished with those please let me know. I could figure them out for myself, but I'm lazy!

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer