Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-05-16 01:48:01

james3232

禅?

Hello everyone,

This is James, I have been provide madake to shakuhachi makers for the past years. I'm not a shakuhachi maker by myself, and i also donot know how to play shakuhachi, but I really love the sound play from shakhuachi. Recently, I have read many topics about shakuhachi, and found that shakuhachi is related to 禅, am I right? If so, may I ask why is realted to 禅. And to be honest, As far as I know  禅 is derives from Yangqi county, pingxiang city, jiangxi province, China, which is my hometown, and I have been to that temple in 2003.  I have been told that they are many disciples in Japan and other countries.

Can anybody tell me, what I say is right? or does shakuhachi is related to 禅, and why?

Thanks,

James

#2 2009-05-16 06:27:33

Jeff Cairns
teacher, performer,promoter of shakuhachi
Website

Re: 禅?

By the way, the kanji that James refers to means 'zen' or 'silent meditation'.  Anyone care to take a stab at this?

shakuhachi flute
I step out into the wind
with holes in my bones

#3 2009-05-17 15:01:08

Zakarius

Re: 禅?

james3232 wrote:

Can anybody tell me, what I say is right? or does shakuhachi is related to 禅, and why?

Check out this page for a lot of background on Zen (in Chinese -- click on English on the left-bottom to switch languages).
關於禅的背景按下面的網站:

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%A6%85

Zak / 小白

塵も積もれば山となる -- "Chiri mo tsumoreba yama to naru." -- Piled-up specks of dust become a mountain.

Board footer