You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#26 2009-11-18 19:09:45

Jam

Re: Players from the UK?

edosan wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

Jam wrote:

Lucky you! Where did you go, out of interest? London?

London, Birmingham and Manchester. I must admit I was hardly what you would call immersed. Maybe if I hung out in a bar in Manchester I would have gotten a dose.

I think the Ozzie fella may've just been a right arsehole; he did have eyes like a snake, as I recall. That was the only even miniscule bummer I had in NZ. The hardest part of that trip was keeping to my itinerary, as Kiwis were constantly trying to drag me home to feed me a 'Proper Kiwi Roast' smile, and I've never been to Midlands England, but I was treated very well in the UK. I was on a bicycle, which always makes a difference, I think.

Calling him a bummer might have exarcerbated the situation, I don't know about Oz and NZ, but it has a slightly different meaning for brits!...

#27 2009-11-18 19:18:57

edosan
Edomologist

Jam wrote:

edosan wrote:

Jim Thompson wrote:

London, Birmingham and Manchester. I must admit I was hardly what you would call immersed. Maybe if I hung out in a bar in Manchester I would have gotten a dose.

I think the Ozzie fella may've just been a right arsehole; he did have eyes like a snake, as I recall. That was the only even miniscule bummer I had in NZ. The hardest part of that trip was keeping to my itinerary, as Kiwis were constantly trying to drag me home to feed me a 'Proper Kiwi Roast' smile, and I've never been to Midlands England, but I was treated very well in the UK. I was on a bicycle, which always makes a difference, I think.

Calling him a bummer might have exarcerbated the situation, I don't know about Oz and NZ, but it has a slightly different meaning for brits!...

I didn't call him anything...

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#28 2009-11-18 19:25:29

Jam

No, I know, hence the "might". Just thought it would be an interesting point, seeing as we were on the topic of slang.

Sounds like maybe you should have called him something!

Board footer