Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-05-14 12:33:59

marie

hello everyone! I need advice: where can I buy a shakuhachi in Kyoto?

Hello everyone,

I am Marie, from England! I am a teacher of French and German and have recently undertaken the teaching of japanese to a small group of students. I have recently managed to get the group to take part in an immersion program with the British Council, and will be off to Kyoto in October.  Obviously, you get 'orders' from everyone (yukata, cheaper PSPs, etc...)! One of the orders is a Shakuhachi. I have been looking on the net to find a shop that would sell them, or just have an indication of prices, but didn't find one. Does anybody know of a good shop in Kyoto that sells shakuhachi?

Thanks
Marie.

#2 2006-05-14 13:45:51

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: hello everyone! I need advice: where can I buy a shakuhachi in Kyoto?

There is a maker/shop in Kyoto named Kitahara. Another possibility is to contact Kurahashi Yoshio Sensei and he can certainly get one for you. Also in Osaka (nearby) there is a fine maker named Kono Gyokusui. If you like, please contact me off forum and I will try to sort it out for you. Do you have a budget, they can be quite expensive?

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2006-05-15 04:50:12

Bogert

Re: hello everyone! I need advice: where can I buy a shakuhachi in Kyoto?

Hello Marie,
   Welcome to the forum.  I'll be in Kyoto from mid-sept thru Dec.  We should try to get together, do you play the shakuhachi at all?  Maybe I could help when your there.  I'll be taking lessons from Kurahashi Yoshio sensei so he could probably help you out.  If you want you can e-mail me off forum.
                                                                                                           Chris

理趣経百字の偈
菩薩勝慧者 乃至尽生死 恒作衆生利 而不趣涅槃 般若及方便 智度悉加持 諸法及諸有    一切皆清浄 欲等調世間 令得浄除故 
有頂及悪趣 調伏尽諸有 如蓮体本染 不為垢所染    諸欲性亦然 不染利群生 大欲得清浄 大安楽富饒 三界得自在 能作堅固利

Board footer