Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-05-15 14:58:39

kyoreiflutes
Website

Peace Day concert in Seattle?

This September 21st is International Peace Day, and I'm thinking about trying to get some people to visit Seattle for it, and hold a concert promoting peace. It would probably be mostly shakuhachi, with some Koto and singing of some kind, probably a kind of chanting. Not sure about that one as yet.

If anyone were to show any interest in this, I'd be willing to put it all together, along with a really good (indoor) venue. Seattle has a big "peace" crowd, and I think attendance would be really good. I'm pretty decent at concert promoting, too.

I'd love to see if anyone from the forum, especially a couple of "pros", perhaps, could come to Seattle to play for the Peace Concert. I could probably arrange a good hotel and all that, and we have a LOT of really good places to eat. It's a nice time to come out, too.

I've long thought about playing out at Buddhist Temples for Peace, but I still have a ways to go before I can play out live.

So, if anyone's interested, just email me or post here. I wouldn't be able to pay for flights or accomodations, but I can see what I can set up at least. Maybe I could get some things donated, and I could probably house someone at my place.

These days, I feel that a day of Peace is more important than ever. I know it sounds cheesy, but it's true. I hope people will come to help celebrate peace here in Seattle.

-Eddie
Kyorei Flutes.

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

Board footer