World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-02-09 12:19:06

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Montreal Workshop and Benefit Concert for Phil James: March 13/14

I'm happy to announce that we have decided a date, March 13/14 for the Benefit Workshop in Montreal. The workshop will be held on McGill campus.  I will follow soon with details such as buildings names, addresses, etc. Right now I do know that workshop will take place at the School of Architecture and we have to meet in the lobby of the Frank Dawson Adams Building on sat. morning. The workshop time will be posted below. Let's meet at 8:45 in the lobby. Also, we are in the process of obtaining a venue for the concert. Hopefully, the concert will be sat. evening. In the event that we cannot find such a venue for sat., the optional date would be friday night. If you had previously registered please contact me asap.

Just to be clear: this is a Benefit Workshop and Concert. All proceeds will be donated to Phil and Lara.

Everyone, regardless of what style(s) of shakuhachi you study and play, are welcome to attend and will benefit from the experience.

All workshop attendees have the opportunity of joining the concert. We will have group and individual performances.

Workshop times are as follows:

Sat.
9:00~12:00 study
12:00~2:00  Lunch break
2:00~5:00 study
5:00~7:00 Dinner
7:00~ Concert. If the concert is moved to friday, we will see about getting permission to continue to use the rooms for another study session in the evening from 7:00~9:00.

Sun.
9:00~12:00 study
12:00~1:30 lunch
1:30~4:00 study

We will cover aspects of breathing, sound production, reading scores, and how to practice. Titles of songs to be studied will be posted later this week.

Again, please contact me if you plan on attending, or if you were registered already. I will need to know the playing experiences of those attending in order to prepare the schedule.

Thank you. Chikuzen

Michael Chikuzen Gould

Board footer