You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-05-15 22:39:56

Riley Lee
Website

Hawaii Shakuhachi Festival

"shakuhachi-N-SURF" TAKE 2

HAWAII SHAKUHACHI FESTIVAL 09 - 12 NOV 2006

The second Hawaii Shakuhachi Festival - "shakuhachi-n-Surf" TAKE 2 will be held 9-12 November 2006.

Location: Once again HSF06 will be held in The Music Departmentof the University of Hawaii, in Honolulu. The event will be run along the lines of the first Hawaii Shakuhachi Festival, held in 2004, with a few changes and improvements. It will follow the basic structure of ASF06(Australian Shakuhachi Festival 2006) (see www.shakuhachi.org.au).

Accommodation has been secured at East-West Center, located a short walk from the Music Department on the beautiful UH campus. As a result, accommodation costs will be much cheaper than a typical Waikiki hotel. Book early as this accommodation is limited.

More information about costs, schedule, etc. will be posted soon; registration should be around US$250. Tentative bookings can be made through Patricia: <patricia@rileylee.net>

Surfing can be arranged, waves permitting, at nearby Waikiki beach.

Best regards, Riley Lee

#2 2006-07-10 20:32:03

Riley Lee
Website

Re: Hawaii Shakuhachi Festival

Greetings.

More information about the 2nd Hawaii Shakuhachi Festival, including a downloadable registration form, can be found on the following link.

www.rileylee.net/hsf06.htm

Full registration to the Festival has been kept to a low $250, and "Absolute Beginners" have a special registration fee of $100.

We have secured accommodation at the East-West Center at a special 'conference' rate of as low as US$21 per night.

Escape the cold to Hawaii in November, and experience an intensive weekend of shakuhachi workshops, concerts and private instruction at the beautiful University of Hawaii Music Department!

Best regards, Riley Lee

#3 2006-08-22 15:16:03

samuhachi
Website

Riley Lee,

I am really looking forward to this. Due to my new found interest in the Shakuhachi and have been doing a lot of research lately to familiarize myself with this instrument. I am definitely an "Absolute Beginner" and can't wait to get the ball rolling. I live in Waikiki, so this won't be a big commute for me. My friend, a local Jr High School teacher, is also very interested in attending. I will keep bugging him to sign up.

Thanks for putting this together,

Sam

#4 2006-08-22 17:10:17

nomaD43

Wow! this sounds exciting. I would really like to attend, though I will have to see if finances will permit.
Damon

#5 2006-08-22 23:24:21

edosan
Edomologist

This is an opportunity NOT to be missed:

It's very inexpensive, AND you get to work with Riley, who is a fine teacher...

...and pretty good company to boot.  smile

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#6 2006-08-25 23:45:28

nomaD43

Is there a deadline for registration? I would dearly love to attend, but it may be mid October before I can have the money to commit to registration, room and airfare. I have wanted to attend a shakuhachi festival for years now, but have never been able to afford either the money nor the time, this year I want to make it happen.
Damon

#7 2006-08-26 01:11:38

edosan
Edomologist

Damon,

First: Did you go to the link to the announcement of the festival at Riley's website?

Here's the link again:

www.rileylee.net/hsf06.htm

Second: Here is a direct link to download a PDF file which has more info, as well a being a registration form:

http://www.rileylee.net/hawaii/HSF6_rego.pdf

I didn't see anything regarding a deadline; you should be able to find out about that by sending an email
to Riley's wife Patricia at patricia@rileylee.net. [If you wish, you can say Ed sent you.]

Some of the very best players/teachers in the world will be there: Riley Lee, Teruo Furuya, Kaoru Kakizakai,
Kazushi Matama, and Chris Blasdel.

Ed

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer