Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-03-08 03:08:14

Daniel Ryudo
Shihan/Kinko Ryu

Kochi minyo Gouki Bushi

I recently uploaded a reggae influenced version of Kochi minyo piece Gouki Bushi recorded with local group Aozora Band (a band with a long history in Kochi; all members over the half century mark except for our female backing vocalist) in studio a couple of weeks ago; we played the piece a week ago at Kochi's Takara Ongakusai (Kochi Music Festival), an event groups had auditioned for in 2009, and which featured a variety of music genres, all Kochi denizens: several pop bands, a classical music piano duo, gospel, Irish music , a blind folksinger (Horiuchi Kei), and the Kochi Pops Orchestra.  If interested have a listen at www.myspace.com/danielryudo.

Last edited by Daniel Ryudo (2010-03-08 03:12:00)

#2 2010-03-08 09:35:07

edosan
Edomologist

Re: Kochi minyo Gouki Bushi

I got a 404 on that link, Dan.

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#3 2010-03-08 10:07:59

Ambi

the Darn full stop needs removing.
Nice stuff though, makes me feel like gettin' t'old bass out ....

- Ed on the other thread you say you have a problems with Ads - If you're on firefox then the plugin   "adblock plus" is excellent - how the internet used to be.

Last edited by Ambi (2010-03-08 10:13:46)

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it."

#4 2010-03-08 13:49:32

edosan
Edomologist

Ambi wrote:

the Darn full stop needs removing.
Nice stuff though, makes me feel like gettin' t'old bass out ....

- Ed on the other thread you say you have a problems with Ads - If you're on firefox then the plugin   "adblock plus" is excellent - how the internet used to be.

Actually, I found out that it's not an 'ad', per se. Some jerk in Ryudo's 'friends' list embedded some of his own videos in the list, and both of them start out with ads.

Thanks for the suggestion, though. I've used adblock, and don't care for some of its 'side-effects'.  smile

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

Board footer