World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-04-30 13:47:25

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Chikuzen Shakuhachi Weekend Retreat at Frank Lloyd Wright House/June 6

Im happy to announce this weekend retreat which will end up sunday, June 6, at the last residential house designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, outside of Cleveland, Ohio.  The retreat is in two parts: sat. afternoon will be at my house in Cleveland Heights from 1:00~5:00 pm. Sunday will be at the Wright house, called the Penfield House, in Willoughby, Ohio, just outside of Cleveland. One may attend one or both. I'll include detailed info below.
   Naturally, I'm very excited about this. I met the owners at a concert I was giving a little over a year ago and we have been trying to work out a night that I could play for his family and friends. So, we came upon this weekend retreat idea, culminating in a concert there on sunday night. Unfortunately, now, the Penfields have another appointment that must take them out of town. We'll reschedule their concert another time but I have rented the house sunday afternoon from 2:30 thru sunday night. The "concert" will be done but in the form of an open mike session for the retreat participants.

Please check out the web site of The Penfield House at:http://www.penfieldhouse.com/

The songs for the saturday workshop are Soo Mukaiji, Soo Kyorei and Soo Koku. They are intermediate level songs that can be played simply or in a more advanced manner.

The song for the sunday workshop is Echigo Reibo, which is an advanced song, but also a new song for all the participants (so far). The score and mp3 will be sent to those registering ahead of time. So, please realize that this is open for all levels but the levels of the songs for saturday are intermediate and advanced.

We will also include some exercises that we all can work on together that focus on how to produce different sounds and then move into studying the song of the day.

Saturday June 5, workshop:
Place: Michael Chikuzen Gould's house. 2641 Idlewood Rd. Cleveland OH. 44118
Song: Soo Kyorei, Soo Mukaiji, Soo Koku.
Time: 1:00~4:5:00pm.
Cost: $50. per person. Only for workshop.
Dinner: Cost does NOT include dinner nor accommodations. Check below for more info.

Sunday June 6, Workshop:
Place: Penfield House; Willoughby, Ohio.
Time: 2:30~6:30  plus "open mike" concert from 8:00.
Song: Echigo Reibo
Fee: $150. includes rental fee but not dinner nor accommodations.

You may want to arrive friday night or sat. morning. Cleveland airport is only a 30 minute train ride and $2.00 away. The train station is 5 minutes down the hill from my house. I can pick you up at the train station. Accommodations for fri/sat/sun night are separate. I can look for hotels nearby or you can google yourself and find what you like. There are Bed and Breakfasts in Cleveland nearby too. We are near the Case University Circle and The Cleveland Clinic area. I'm sure many of us will plan something for dinner sat. evening. We will have a sunday morning brunch here at the house and do some playing outside before heading over to the Penfield House.

If you are interested and or have questions, contact me at chikuzen@earthlink.net or tel. 313-600-2610. There is room for 3 more people at this time. The limit being 10.

Last edited by chikuzen (2010-04-30 13:48:49)

Michael Chikuzen Gould

Board footer