Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-09-26 20:57:36

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Chikuzen Fall RO Camp in Delaware, Ohio. Nov.19~21.

I'm happy to announce we will be holding our Fall retreat at the Stratford Ecological Center, outside of Delaware, Ohio on Nov. 19~21. 

The camp welcomes all levels of shakuhachi. We will study one main honkyoku, some Minyo and one review honkyoku, with each the Beginners and Advanced Groups: TBA; please check my web site calendar (to be updated soon) for the schedule details. We will also have discussion time set aside for various topics (related to shakuhachi) and a Duet/Open Mic night on sat. night.

When: Nov. 19~21 (Friday 5:00pm~Sunday 4:00pm).
Where: Stratford Ecological Center, 3083 Liberty Rd. Delaware, OH 43015-9392
How much: $250. for the camp, which includes food.  We will be staying at the Best Western Motel one mile down the road:1720 Columbus Pike,   
       Delaware - (740) 363-3510.
      The cost of the hotel is not included in the camp. You can reserve a single room yourself, or share with someone. Some people will bring sleeping
       bags and sleep on the floor at the center. You are welcome to do this and there is no extra cost. There is a shower and a kitchen.

Transportation: The Columbus airport is the closest to the center. About 45~60 min. depending on traffic. We will arrange for transportation. Most likely you'll share a rental car with others arriving about the same time. You can also fly into the Cleveland Hopkins  Int'l Airport early friday afternoon, where I'll pick you up and go on to camp. We leave the airport at 3:00pm.

Please direct all your questions to me via email at chikuzenstudios.com or chikuzen@earthlink.net

Michael Chikuzen Gould

#2 2010-10-07 16:06:51

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

Re: Chikuzen Fall RO Camp in Delaware, Ohio. Nov.19~21.

The Fall Camp location has been moved from Delaware, Ohio to my house in Cleveland Heights, Ohio. We have two apartments here and can accommodate 8~10 people with ease. Nothing has changed other than the venue and the fact that you'll not need to use money for a hotel. The fee is $250. for camp. We'll have breakfasts at the house and go out for lunch and dinner. There are a variety of very good restaurants nearby; Tai, Chinese, Mexican, Japanese, Italian, Burritos and falafels (Mediterranean). And good 'ole Cleveland "soul food".

Michael Chikuzen Gould

Board footer