World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2011-01-18 13:59:36

Musgo da Pedra
Website

Storing Urushi

Hi folks!

The cap of a urushi tube just broke here and I would like to have sugestions about where to store it, since here I can't found those "tooth paste" tubes" here, and the climate is very humid nowadays and I am affraid to loose it!!!

Thanks in advance for all sugestions (and sorry if there is a topic about that, but I searched with my limited vocabulary and didn't saw it).

Peace!

Omnia mea mecum porto

#2 2011-01-18 14:40:35

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Re: Storing Urushi

Musgo da Pedra wrote:

The cap of a urushi tube just broke here and I would like to have sugestions about where to store it, since here I can't found those "tooth paste" tubes" here, and the climate is very humid nowadays and I am affraid to loose it!!!

Henrique,

Once a friend wanted to borrow urushi from me. He brought over a glass bottle with a screw top to put it in. The bottle was too big and it started to dry soon after. Then we put some in a very small glass container so there was no air leftover in the bottle. That worked pretty well. Maybe there is enough humidity in the enclosed air to dry it out.

Good luck!

Ken

#3 2011-01-18 21:27:14

solosama

If you place the urushi in a small container, something just large enough to hold it, cover it with Saran wrap and secure it with rubber bands. The urushi will develope a protective(hard) skin that will prevent it from harding.

#4 2011-01-19 04:14:17

Musgo da Pedra
Website

Thanks guys!

I have glued the broked cap and it seems to work... anyway, I already found a nice glass to put it in case of a bottle exchange!

Omnia mea mecum porto

Board footer