Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-06-30 20:07:39

Aprayinbear

Greetings to All from SC

Greetings to All,

Talk about a newcomer.  I'm currently living in SC where I am working on a book called "The Essence of Sacred Healing."  I've been interested in music and the healing arts for most of my life (I'm 50 years old.)  I've been drawn to the shakuhachi for several years now and want to learn to play as a wonderful addition to my meditaion and healing practices.  I play the Native American flute and can get some decent sound from the didgerido (although my circular breathing is pretty poor.)

I've just completed a PVC shakuhachi, but so far have not been able to get much of a sound from it other then my breath.  I've seen some great suggestions on the net and this forum, but all suggestions are more then welcome. I'm  looking for an inexpensively priced bamboo shakuhachi.  Sadly I can't afford anything over $100 right now.  Suggestions?

All the best to everyone,
Duffy (Aprayinbear)

#2 2006-06-30 21:55:17

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

Re: Greetings to All from SC

Welcome,
Check Mujitsu.com
Its has  beginers bamboo flute in your range.
Bamboo is much better than PVC.
Peace
geni

#3 2006-06-30 22:17:37

Aprayinbear

Thanks Jeni,

I checked out the website and looks like a good option.  There's so much out there.  It's great to get some experienced advice.

Duffy

#4 2006-07-01 10:59:07

David Earl

Hello,
I don't know anything of this maker. Another member sent me the link. You might find what your looking for. http://sunreed.com/Shakuhachi.htm

All the best

Spring peepers provide
a croaking choral backdrop
sleep time aria

Board footer