#1 2016-06-22 15:14:01

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

40th annual Dai Bosatsu Zendo Retreat

Please join us for our 40th season at Dai Bosatsu Zendo, in upstate NY:

July 15–17, 2016
Honkyoku Intensive Weekend at Dai Bosatsu Zendo
Dai Bosastsu is a beautiful Rinzai-Sect Zen Monastery deep in the Catskills in upstate New York. We have been providing all of their Shakuhachi needs for the past 40 years! There will be separate Honkyoku taught for beginners and more advanced Shakuhachi players. The instructor is Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin. Please call him at 917-207-6724 to register, or email: nyogetsu@gmail.com

DBZ is set on Beecher Lake (a family home of Harriet Beecher Stowe), and is built like a Zen Buddhist monastery in Japan. As  such it is the largest outside Japan of its kind. I have been teaching there and playing for transmissions, ordinations, aweddings, and funerals for 4o years , since the official opening on July 4, 1976.

Please join us this year, as we will have between 4-6 classes on learning the beautiful Kinko-ryu Honkyoku - SHIKA NO TONE ("Sound of Distant Deer")! This is a perfect piece to learn at this monastery, because often the Deer come up close to us to listen to our Shakuhachi playing!
The food is vegetarian and delicious, and some of the meals are formal-monastery style (ORIOKI), and some are informal. I will be performing for the Staurday evening za-zen sitting.

Any participation in the Za-zen scheduled sessions is optional.
We will have our classes in a very secluded Log Cabin that we have to ourselves for the weekend.
Cost is dependent upon whether you need a private room reservation, but is inexpensive, regardless.
We begin on Friday, July 15, afternoon (or evening if you can't make it earlier) and end at 2:00PM on Sunday, July 17.

Contact me for a reservation or for more information.

Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

Board footer