World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat
You are not logged in.
Ten Reasons to go on Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin's Japan Tour
(May 26-June 11, 2017)
This will be the best Japan Trip yet !!
1) Because it will be extremely economical and extremely enjoyable! I have had the pleasure of showing Japan to hundreds of people in my annual Japan Tours since they began in 1980.
Did you know that this year the dollar is stronger against the Japanese yen? The American dollar is worth 15% more against the yen today than it was during the Japan Tour in May, 2016.
2) Tour highlights will include such fantastic places and memories as:
the Great Buddha (Dai Buttsu) of Nara
Japan's oldest shrine (Ise no Kami Jingu)
a walk on Japan's oldest mountain road (Yama no Bei no Michi)
Hot Springs in Ibaraki Prefecture
a visit to a master Shakuhachi maker in Hitachi-Shi
Philosopher's walk in Kyoto
the beautiful gardens at Ginkakuji Temple and at Heian Shrine a visit to to Meian-ji
the oldest surviving Shakuhachi Temple in Japan
a visit to the famous walking malls of Asakusa
an evening of the Grand Kabuki
Four days of the trip will be spent visiting Japans northernmost province Hokkaido. There some of the attractions will include: the Ainu Museum in Otaru, Hokkaido and the famous view of Hakodate, Hokkaido by night.
These are some of the wonderful experiences in store for you!
3) The price is $3,900 all-inclusive except for transportation. It is 100% refundable until April 1, 2017. This deposit is necessary because we must reserve hotel rooms. If you send a 50% deposit by January 15, 2017 you will receive a $200 discount. If you would like to receive a complete financial breakdown of the trip, please send a request to <firstname.lastname@example.org>)
4) Included in the price of the tour: all breakfasts, lunches and dinners (with the exception of alcoholic drinks), all lodging, admission to temples, shrines, museums, gardens, and concerts (with the exception of tickets to Kabuki Theater which is optional).
5) About Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin, Tour Leader: he has being leading annual tours to Japan for the last 36 years. He was the ace tour leader for Asia Society and Japan Society of New York. He tour managed, in the USA, such diverse artistic groups as: The National Theater of Japan (Kabuki), Nihon Ongaku Shudan (Ensemble Nipponia), Samulnori, Aak Korean Court Music, Katakahli of Kerala, Kaze No Ko, and Okinawa Kabudan.
6) About Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin Shakuhachi Player/Teacher: he is the only player in the Western Hemisphere to have performed for every International Shakuhachi Festival starting with the first one in Bissei-Cho, Okayama, Japan in 1994. In addition, he is the founder of KiSuiAn Shakuhachi Dojo - the world's largest and most active Shakuhachi Dojo outside of Japan. Nyogetsu has received a number of grants and has been both Oscar and Grammy nominated.
7) About Marco Burmester (Co-Tour Leader): Marco has co-led the annual Japan tours with Nyogetsu for the past five years. Although German is his first language, he is completely fluent in English and Spanish as well!
8) On the tour Shakuhachi students have the option of receiving lessons from Nyogetsu as often as the student would like for an additional fee. If you normally study with another Shakuhachi teacher, you would need to obtain their permission first. Lessons by Kurahashi Yodo in Kyoto may also be taken for an additional fee.
9) Please go to <http://www.nyogetsu.com/tt17.php> to see the Daily Itinerary of the Tour. Tour members suggestions for the trip are welcomed.
10) Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin and Marco Burmester will endeavor their best to make this tour a most memorable experience for you! We want to give you a true adventure where you will have the time of your life!
Contact Nyogetsu at <email@example.com> or 917-207-6724 if you have any questions, and send your deposit to:
76 Hickory Lane
Narrowsburg, NY 12764