World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat
You are not logged in.
The final Reasons to go to Japan with Nyogetsu (May 26-June 11, 2017)
I am getting more and more people who are interested in going to Japan this year, but for various reasons need to go later. If this is true for you please let me know at <firstname.lastname@example.org> Sorry again if you are getting this more than once.
The remaining reasons this week are mostly about a financial breakdown for the trip, as well as who the group leaders are:
3) The price is $3,900 all-inclusive except for transportation. It is 100% refundable until April 1, 2017. This deposit is necessary because we must reserve hotel rooms. If you send a 50% deposit by January 15, 2017 you will receive a $200 discount. If you would like to receive a complete financial breakdown of the trip, please send a request to <email@example.com>) This price is the lowest on the market. It is consistently 1/3 to 1/2 of the other Japan trips offered - for example that JTB (Japan Travel Bureau) Trip.
4) Included in the price of the tour: all breakfasts, lunches and dinners (with the exception of alcoholic drinks), all lodging, admission to temples, shrines, museums, gardens, and concerts (with the exception of tickets to Kabuki Theater, and Shakuhachi lessons from Nyogetsu or Kurahashi Yodo II, which are optional).
5) About Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin, Tour Leader: he has being leading annual tours to Japan for the last 36 years. He was the ace tour leader for Asia Society and Japan Society of New York. He tour managed, in the USA, such diverse artistic groups as: The National Theater of Japan (Kabuki), Nihon Ongaku Shudan (Ensemble Nipponia), Samulnori, Aak Korean Court Music, Katakahli of Kerala, Kaze No Ko, and Okinawa Kabudan. Nyogetsu has won numerous awards including being nominated for both an Oscar and a Grammy.
6) About Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin Shakuhachi Player/Teacher: he is the only player in the Western Hemisphere to have performed for every International Shakuhachi Festival starting with the first one in Bissei-Cho, Okayama, Japan in 1994. In addition, he is the founder of KiSuiAn Shakuhachi Dojo - the world's largest and most active Shakuhachi Dojo outside of Japan. Nyogetsu has received a number of grants and has been both Oscar and Grammy nominated. He holds two Grand Master Licences (Dai Shihan Menjo). The first is from his teacher Kurahashi Yodo I, and the second was given to him by Aoki Reibo - the present Living Nation Treasure (Ningen Kokuho) of Shakuhachi at the 9th Level (Kyudan).
7) About Marco Burmester (Co-Tour Leader): Marco has co-led the annual Japan tours with Nyogetsu for the past five years. Although German is his first language, he is completely fluent in English and Spanish as well!
8) On the tour Shakuhachi students have the option of receiving lessons from Nyogetsu as often as the student would like for an additional fee. If you normally study with another Shakuhachi teacher, you would need to obtain their permission first. Lessons by Kurahashi Yodo in Kyoto may also be taken for an additional fee.
9) Please go to <http://www.nyogetsu.com/tt17.php> to see the Daily Itinerary of the Tour. Tour members suggestions for the trip are welcomed.
10) Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin and Marco Burmester will endeavor their best to make this tour a most memorable experience for you! We want to give you a true adventure where you will have the time of your life!
Contact Nyogetsu at <firstname.lastname@example.org> or 917-207-6724 if you have any questions, and send your deposit to:
76 Hickory Lane
Narrowsburg, NY 12764