Tube of delight!

• Index
  •  » Reviews
  •  » Nezasaha Kimpo-ryu recording by Terukage Inoue

#1 2006-10-10 15:55:58

jeff jones
Website

Nezasaha Kimpo-ryu recording by Terukage Inoue

I just received a recording from Mejiro that I think is definitely worth mentioning.

Shakuhachi by Terukage Inoue 
Product#:C0208   
Price: 3810 YEN     In stock 
Recording of the Nezasaha Kimpu-ryu 10 pieces.
1.Shirabe 2.Sagariha 3.Matsukaze no Shirabe, Matsukaze 4.Sanya Sugagaki 5. Shishi 6. Nagashi Reibo 7.Tohri 8.Kadozuke 9.Hachigaeshi 10.Koku
Recorded in 1996. 2shaku used.Terukage Inoue is also known as Koun Inoue
THIS IS A PRIVATE RECORDING. Noise might be heard.

It's definitely a private recording, although not bad at all for being possibly in someone's living room,there are some glitches in the recording(but who cares). It's this type of recording that you can hear the Shakuhachi and what it really sounds like.I really enjoy that you can hear the in breath. Most of the songs are 2 Shakuhachi's so you can hear the subtle partial tones that occur.Really beautiful,raw.I'm writing this as I'm listening for the second time.
For me it's recordings like this that remind me of what attracted me to the Shakuhachi in the first place.Although a little on the expensive side,it's definitely worth it.

Beauty is ugly at rest

#2 2006-12-01 13:18:51

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Nezasaha Kimpo-ryu recording by Terukage Inoue

John Singer picked up this recording on his last trip to Japan and says he (John) is the second, uncredited, player on this CD. John studied with Inoue Sensei for many years. It's a tape of one of John's lessons with Inoue.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2006-12-01 17:10:16

Moran from Planet X
Website

Re: Nezasaha Kimpo-ryu recording by Terukage Inoue

Tairaku wrote:

It's a tape of one of John's lessons with Inoue.

Well, I hope John is getting a big fat royalty check for it.

Seriously, John's Kimpu-ryu album, Shakuhachi Zen, was my re-introduction to shakuhachi music and remains a favorite three years and many, many listening experiences later. It will be nice to hear the recordings of John playing with Inoue.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

• Index
  •  » Reviews
  •  » Nezasaha Kimpo-ryu recording by Terukage Inoue

Board footer