You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-12-07 19:14:43

Ryuzen
Dokyoku (Daishihan); Zensabo
Website

Extreme Shakuhachi Pilgrimage 2006

Dear shakuhachi forum,

I just returned from completing the the month-long 3rd Annual (Extreme) Shakuhachi Roots Pilgrimage in Japan. It was an incredible, life-changing, transformative journey to say the least, as all the participants will attest to. I am now planning next year's trip which will be amazing as well. If you would like to read a completed write up of the trip please go to: www.bamboo-in.com/about-us/extremerootstrip.htm. We all took literally thousands of photos and will be putting up the best ones on a website which I will let you know about soon.

Next year (2007) we will be exploring the relationship between folk music and honkyoku and planning to visit Hirosaki in Aomori prefecture, the center of the Kinpu-ryu (Nezasa-ha) sect of shakuhachi and Tsugaru Shamisen music. We will also be participating in the annual honkyoku taikai at Meian-ji in Tokyo, and having a workshop with the Kenshukan and attending the famous Night Festival in Chichibu, Saitama Prefecture.

For those interested in joining next year's trip, please let me know as soon as possible as I already have people reserving spaces and the maximum number of participants is 8.

Many blessings and beauties in bamboo,

Alcvin
www.bamboo-in.com/about-us/rootstrip.htm

P.s. Yamaguchi Shugetsu and Kobayashi Ichijo have allowed me to sell their fine shakuhachi on my website so I will be posting their latest work up soon @: www.bamboo-in.com/shop/flutesforsale.htm.

=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=
Alcvin Takegawa Ramos
Director
The Shakuhachi Society of BC/
Bamboo-In Shakuhachi Retreat Centre
=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=<+>=
S9-C3
Madeira Park, B.C.,V0N 2H0
Canada
tel: 604.883.2023
cell: 604.788.0060
MAIL: ramos@dccnet.com