World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-12-11 15:56:59

costademaria
Website

hi to all from denia, spain

hi to all of you there!
   my name is boyan silyavski. i am a from bulgaria and live in spain. well, seems that again have to speak about me. simple, joyful,always selfimproving, asking,learning,running,falling,standing up,running again ....thats me.
   i like music from the world especially spiritual/mantras,native indian,folk,yes-techno also.../-music which helps the self awareness in other words
up to before some months never had any so called musical experience exept chanting my personal songs,some mantras i like and beating the heart drum at many ayahuaska and peyote ceremonies or singing to myself at the top of some mountain or near the fire with friends
well i have to say that the sounds of the flutes always were somehow very near to my soul. and everyday looking at the big krishna painting on my wall with his flute.this somehow for sure affected me. the last drop was maybe a little private concert for about 20 people at a friends house where the second time it was held the indian  tabla player/nanda,a very good one/ came with some friends of his and the two of them were playing flutes. still i am not shure if thesy played shakuhachi or some kind of a big bansuri but the sound of the live presence shocked me. even my harmon kardon with the big jbl loudspeakers at home couldnt compare with the sound of a master blowing flute one meter from you.
   ok,after that one day started searching and listening in internet to all the flutes and sizes untill realized that especially i liked big bansuri,big native or shakuhachi.yes it was the shakuhachi! started to search info how to make one,made one...then more/i mean 100 metre water pipes/ and so on. plastic fantastic! now all my friends also have/ thanks nava ching/. the shakuhachi i like are 1.6 1.9 2.0, i think 2.0 is the mine like length and sound and feeling. i have yuu which i seriously altered/the utaguchi and the bore near the mouthpiece to be to my liking. i also have 100 bamboo seeds which i planted in two boxes and from yesterday they are already looking at me. after 7 years i will be a good shakuhachi maker.just patience
i learn everyday and play a lot everyday. i am not a traditionalist but always study the tradition and then i do what i feel from the heart/in other words what ever i like/
well, i look up and see many words . better stop. i would be happy to find new free minded friends here. please always feel free to contact me at my mail or at skype --silyavski---
ps.i will ask a lot of questiones here,please answer me and dont be angry if you dont like them. thanks for reading

"how dear sir did you cross the flood?" "by not halting,friend,and by not straining i crossed the flood."
"but how is it,dear sir,that by not halting and by not straining you crossed the flood?"
"when i came to a standstill,friend,then i sank,but when i struggled,then i got swept away.it is in this way by not halting and by not straining i crossed the flood"

Board footer