Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-11-05 03:54:16

GREG..
Website

Shakuhachi free Lesson movies (English Subtitled)

hello...i have find 5 free instructional videos,for beginners here:    http://www.mejiro-japan.com/system/index_e.php?c_id=13     
have a good day...greg

...'Perceive those things which cannot be seen'..."Shinmen Musashi no Kami Fujiwara no Genshin"...

#2 2007-12-04 05:27:23

ShakuNano
Website

Re: Shakuhachi free Lesson movies (English Subtitled)

Thanks Greg-
I tried to open these videos, but only got a lot of Japanese text on the screen. Was anyone else able to open them? What's the secret?
-ShakuNano

#3 2007-12-04 06:50:10

JamieKerr

Here is the direct link to the lessons page.  These videos are subtitled in English.

http://www.mejiro-japan.com/system/index_e.php?c_id=503

Enjoy!

#4 2007-12-04 09:11:04

gmiller

Using the link still get only characters, no video.

#5 2007-12-04 09:24:10

amokrun

gmiller wrote:

Using the link still get only characters, no video.

It works fine for me. When you follow the last link you should get a page with five buttons that link to WMF files. Clicking the first one got me a video that worked just fine. Are you sure that it isn't trying to open the video in the browser which would lead to you getting a ton of garbage on white background that could very well look like japanese writing? Some browsers I've seen are a bit annoying in that they sometimes guess the type of the file wrong and end up giving you a gigantic blob of random garbage in text instead of a video or something like that.

#6 2007-12-04 13:43:03

gmiller

Got it...... Firefox scrambles it; IE opens and reads it just fine........ Good thinking amokrun!
Thanks

#7 2007-12-04 13:58:20

amokrun

gmiller wrote:

Got it...... Firefox scrambles it; IE opens and reads it just fine........ Good thinking amokrun!

You can try to hold shift while clicking the link. I believe that was the shortcut to saving the target rather than just displaying it. Another way is to right click the link and then select Save Target As from the menu. Either way you should be able to save the file instead of just getting a bunch of garbage. The problem isn't so much caused by Firefox. Odds are that the site fails to provide information on what kind of file it is serving and thus Firefox just assumes the default, a simple text file. This problem pops up occasionally and it usually has to do with sites that haven't been made properly. Opening the file like that by default rather than asking you to save it always seemed a bit strange in Firefox and Netscape before it. Needless to say, whenever you get a bunch of garbage like that it's highly likely that you just hit this particular problem.

Board footer