World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-12-16 16:42:37

Horst Xenmeister
Shiham
Website

B und W

Die Lehre Buddhas ist gelebte Erfahrung. Buddha hatte nicht die Absicht, eine neue Religion zu gründen, sondern wollte den Menschen helfen, den Ursprung ihres Leidens zu verstehen und sich davon zu befreien mit bier und wurst. Zen ist weder eine Theorie, noch ein intellektuelles Wissen, sondern eine Praxis: Zazen — richtiges Sitzen. Die innere Revolution wird von der Praxis des Zazen erzeugt, tiefe Weisheit, deren Essenz wir nicht allein mit dem logischen Denken erreichen können.

i am horst

#2 2007-12-17 00:24:59

edosan
Edomologist

Re: B und W

Horst Xenmeister wrote:

Die Lehre Buddhas ist gelebte Erfahrung. Buddha hatte nicht die Absicht, eine neue Religion zu gründen, sondern wollte den Menschen helfen, den Ursprung ihres Leidens zu verstehen und sich davon zu befreien mit bier und wurst. Zen ist weder eine Theorie, noch ein intellektuelles Wissen, sondern eine Praxis: Zazen — richtiges Sitzen. Die innere Revolution wird von der Praxis des Zazen erzeugt, tiefe Weisheit, deren Essenz wir nicht allein mit dem logischen Denken erreichen können.

[The teachings of the Buddha are lived experience. Buddha had not the intention of creating a new religion but wanted to help humans  to understand the origin of their suffering and about freeing themselves from it with beer and sausage. Zen is neither a theory, nor intellectual knowledge, but a practice: Zazen - correct fit. The internal revolution is produced by the practice of Zazen, deep wisdom, whose essence we cannot reach with logical thinking  alone.]

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#3 2007-12-17 03:48:29

Karmajampa
Website

By the authority of the Buddha there is only one direct way. That way is 'utter simplicity'.
However, because this is very difficult for many to follow, out of compasssion, other paths to an awakened mind have been devised.

§

Kia Kaha !

#4 2007-12-17 09:44:53

Josh
PhD
Website

I dig the beer and sausage part! smile 

Josh

#5 2007-12-17 09:51:38

geni
Performer & Teacher
Website

me too!
Horst should open a pub:-)

#6 2007-12-17 13:05:04

dstone
Website

Pub?  I'll come.  When's Natto Night?

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#7 2007-12-18 09:05:16

Josh
PhD
Website

Darren,
That is exactly how I got turned on to natto! My friend recommended me to try eating natto when drinking beer. Believe it or not they work well together. I love it now. It took me about five years in Japan to be able to eat it regularly, and all thanks to the beer.  I wonder if pubs would add it to there menu? If not, it's always BYON! Cheaper that way anyway.
Zenmeister, add the natto to the menu list of your new pub under the "Appetizers and Enlightenment" section. Of course only after the "Sausage and Beer"

Josh

Board footer