World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-12-18 14:39:40

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Perry Yung's Myspace Page

Hi All, I've finally started a Myspace account.

Please come and be my friend smile

http://www.myspace.com/perryyung

If anyone has any tips on how to get a cool zen layout for free, shoot me a email.

See you there! Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#2 2007-12-19 18:00:16

radi0gnome
Website

Re: Perry Yung's Myspace Page

Perry,
I found these zen layouts here: http://www.coolchaser.com/layout/keywords/zen

When are you going to approve all the friends requests you must be getting? Us regular people have to struggle to get friends, since you're famous (at least in the shakuhachi world) it should be easy for you. I'm not sure if you created a regular page instead of a music page deliberately or if you made the same mistake I made and will feel the need to create a music page later. Musicians can really make music pages work for them. For instance, I put a lot of my favorite local musicians on my friends list and I can see their upcoming dates with a few key clicks. Some even send out bulletins so all I have to do is check in on my account. Myspace is fun, I put up videos of my other hobbies on my non-music site: www.myspace.com/jinashi

--EDIT--
My apologies Perry. Instead of using your link here, I found your non-music page by searching on "Perry Yung" in myspace. I guess you used "Yungflutes" for the search word in the music page. Those are some cool recordings you've got on your page. I love it!

Last edited by radi0gnome (2007-12-19 22:44:44)

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

#3 2007-12-20 10:12:16

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

radi0gnome wrote:

Perry,
I found these zen layouts here: http://www.coolchaser.com/layout/keywords/zen

When are you going to approve all the friends requests you must be getting? Us regular people have to struggle to get friends, since you're famous (at least in the shakuhachi world) it should be easy for you. I'm not sure if you created a regular page instead of a music page deliberately or if you made the same mistake I made and will feel the need to create a music page later. Musicians can really make music pages work for them. For instance, I put a lot of my favorite local musicians on my friends list and I can see their upcoming dates with a few key clicks. Some even send out bulletins so all I have to do is check in on my account. Myspace is fun, I put up videos of my other hobbies on my non-music site: www.myspace.com/jinashi

--EDIT--
My apologies Perry. Instead of using your link here, I found your non-music page by searching on "Perry Yung" in myspace. I guess you used "Yungflutes" for the search word in the music page. Those are some cool recordings you've got on your page. I love it!

Hi radi0gnome,
Thanks for being my friend on myspace! And thanks to all of you who have joined so far! It's been fun but I did get a little nervous when I read Ken's blog about being hacked.

Yes, I joined as a non musician with Yungflutes and then realized I couldn't upload music so I joined as a band. In stead of canceling that account, I just opened another under my name.

The sound files are samples from some flutes that are no longer with me. I've been meaning to compile a best of for a CD release. Its' all about time ...smile

Thanks again!

Namaste, Perry

#4 2007-12-21 07:13:06

Jeff Cairns
teacher, performer,promoter of shakuhachi
Website

Perry, it's nice to be connected in more ways than one.  It seems that many made the mistake of going the personal page route before realizing that they couldn't operate the page as an artist.  I was the same.  So I also welcome any who wish to visit my artist site at www.myspace.com/cairnsjeff
Jeff

shakuhachi flute
I step out into the wind
with holes in my bones

#5 2007-12-21 21:29:01

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Yes! Great myspace page Jeff. Makes me miss the bamboo forest in the middle of Kyoto.

Thanks! Perry

Board footer