Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-02-17 15:35:19

Gitsuka

First note.

I've never sucsessfully played an instrument in my life, i've never actually managed to get a correct note or anything that sounds like it anyway im a complete novice to reading/playing music. After two days of frustration i've finally managed to get three hole notes from my Shakuhachi. (At least im pretty sure there correct.) I didnt think i'd be able to get my mouth in a correct enough position to get anything that sounds remotely correct and now im almost able to get it everytime. I guess that maybe what im hearing isnt correct but its the closest i've gotten so far and im really quite pleased with myself. Im just glad it didnt take me as long as i hear it can take. The notes im getting are those when either of the bottom two holes are open, shut and alternated with the rest all coverd. Yes i wasnt joking when i said i was a novice. Im just glad i managed to get a note out of it i've been trying as much as i can even at work. Which i've been getting some funny looks while sat in my works van.

Im going to order some books i notice there's a lot of content suggested for begginers in these forums so i'll be sure to get books and DVDs. I've tried to purchase the videos downloads here but i cant because it asks for things like valid phone number and valid state. Is there a way Europeans can purchase them?

Board footer