Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-01-05 09:49:04

wehayley
Website

New Member...

Greetings. My name is Walter and I've been playing shakuhachi off and on (mostly off) for a few years now. Now age 57, I began playing silver flutes and eventually baritone sax at age 25, but dropped out somewhere around 30 or so to "make a living".

Worked in music (playing and radio) for several years, wandered through the corporate world and eventually found myself studying Chinese Medicine. I've been practicing my passion (medicine) for about 15 years now, specializing in acupuncture and qigong. I find myself drawn to Asian culture, philosophy, lifestyle, etc. I'm an avid reader and an avid learner, feeling a little isolated on Florida's  SW coast. Just a quick intro... thanks for reading it...

Keep the Circle...

#2 2008-01-05 16:23:35

Musgo da Pedra
Website

Re: New Member...

Hello Walter...

You have a nice approach to my feelings... The chinese philosophy have a meticulous connection with music as you know. I also like the inclusion of everything as propose those ideas (in the life context or in any other)... Do you have knowledge about the relations between notes and the five states of mutation, doesn't? 
Probably do you also know the tubes theory talking about the relation between these and the mutant states on the 1/3 : 2/3 tube theory doesn't you?   

I wish to you a full life... As it need to be... 

Peace. 

Henrique

Omnia mea mecum porto

#3 2008-01-05 16:43:39

wehayley
Website

Re: New Member...

Hi Henrique,

Thanks for the note. I'm not sure I fully understand your question, and I'm stuck on exactly what you mean by the "five mutations," though I think I may know more if you could explain exactly what you mean.

As a practitioner of Oriental medicine and a musician (of sorts), I think I have a pretty good grasp on the five-note penatonic scale and its relationship to Five Element (or Five Phase) philosophy and its correlations...  thanks again!

Keep the Circle...

Board footer