You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-01-01 14:22:44

jogen
Website

Fellow Shakuhachi Lover Chris Harazda Passed Away

I just found this :

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.surf … b5ed36c404

Let us appreciate this precious dew drop life.

One note of the shakuhachi       resounds endlessly
       piercing the winter clouds     - soen nakagawa.
Jogen Salzberg
www.greatvow.org

#2 2008-01-01 14:52:10

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Fellow Shakuhachi Lover Chris Harazda Passed Away

I did not know Chris personally. But he was a vital contributor to this forum, a lover of ji-nashi, a follower of Watazumido and evidently (from the article) a well rounded individual. We will miss him. Let us blow "Tamuke" or "Banshiki" and reflect upon the fleetingness of life. 54 is a young age. This reminds us that every breath we release into the bamboo is precious.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2008-01-01 16:15:46

nyokai
shihan
Website

#4 2008-01-01 19:03:32

Priapus Le Zen M☮nk
Historical Zen Mod
Website

This led me to think the following advice for all in 2008.

Since we can never completely avoid what happened to Chris we should always cherish our health and physical body. Get checked regularly at your Doc or Vet for big animals like me.

Exercise regularly don’t need to go apeshit about going to a gym or spending big $ a good 45 minutes walking session a day will do the job.

And be mindful of what you eat. Sounds like your mother speaking to you but those are facts that can never be forgotten.

His loss will be a great one for his family and relatives and is one for us as well. He was a free spirit and had many positive things to share with us. Today I chose not to play at all but sit in silence thinking that as I do funerals it is part of my training to constantly think of the day that will come for me also and make every moment count for others and me.

Sebastien 義真 Cyr
春風館道場 Shunpukan Dojo
St-Jerome, Quebec, Canada
http://www.myspace.com/shunpukandojo

#5 2008-01-02 06:48:03

amokrun

This still feels a bit unreal to me. For a good while now I've been meaning to ask him about his journeys. He always seemed like a person who had been there and done that. Somehow I always figured that I have time to ask about it later on. The moral of the story is, if there are interesting people you'd love to know better, right now is the best time to do it. Internet has made it very easy to find people all over the world who you'd never meet normally. Yet, at the same time I find that we are less likely to actually get to know each other because those meaningful conversations that often happen in life are uncommon on the net.

Watching that video made this feel slightly less bad. When something like that happens, you know that the person had done a lot of things right in life.

#6 2008-01-02 09:24:17

Kiku Day
Shakuhachi player, teacher and ethnomusicologist
Website

Thank you, Jogen for finding this and telling us. And Nyokai for the link to the video.
What a beautiful way to remember a person!
He surely will be missed on this forum too as in the waves.
It is always sad when good persons leave us.
With a sudden death in my family a few days ago, this feels very familiar.
Let's all follow Gishin's advice...

I am a hole in a flute
that the Christ's breath moves through
listen to this music
Hafiz

#7 2008-01-03 22:29:12

Kabato

For such a wonderful person to die, and especially to die so young, is an enormous loss both for those who knew him and the world as a whole. His is a soul worth remembering and emulating.

If you say that you do not need to fan yourself because the nature of wind is permanent and you can have wind without fanning, you will understand neither permanence nor the nature of wind. The nature of wind is permanent; because of that, the wind of the buddha's house brings for the gold of the earth and makes fragrant the cream of the long river.

-Eihei Dogen, Genjokoan

#8 2008-01-04 00:38:05

Marc
Website

May your spirit  travel in peace and love, Chris... God bless always.

Creative activity could be described as a type of learning process where teacher and pupil are located in the same individual.

--Arthur Koestler

#9 2008-01-04 14:43:05

dstone
Website

In tears after that video.
Chris, you won't be forgotten.

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

#10 2008-01-08 07:02:56

Alex

I just came back from my holidays just to find out a dear colleague, who had been battling with cancer for the past two years, just died. Then I read this sad post.

I also wanted to tell my colleague so many things, specially how much I admired the strength and optimism with which he was facing such an ordeal, but the news of his evolution were positive and I always thought I would have a better moment to tell him what I felt.

Ay my friends! Life is so precious, so delicate, so ephemeral! We all asume we can take it for granted for tomorrow, for next week, for next year and then something like this happens and you realise how foolish is to think this way.

I just cannot believe it it, I remember so vividly seing all those posts signed by "Harazda", taking for granted there would be new comments, reflections and feelings coming that way in the future!

Well, hope this helps us realise the value of each day, of each moment, and invites us to share our thoughts and feelings with those we love and care for, before we realise that, while waiting for the perfect time, it turns it's already too late.

Harazda, may your spirit blow through the waves and bamboo grooves, your enrichened consciousness show the way for the unitiated and the lost souls, and may your sound travel the world many times over.

We'll miss you hermano!

"An artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he's "at" somewhere. You always have to realise that you are constantly in the state of becoming. And as long as you can stay in that realm, you'll sort of be all right"
Bob Dylan

Board footer